25.Please can someone tell me: in Dreamweaver using AP Elements to create columns and move it to ones choice is too easy and simple than that of div but div still remain the dominated option for creating columns, I want to know ,is there any disadvantage in sing AP Element ?
26.Please I need help, I have a website and hundreds of movies in my site, how can I make these movies to open in a different tab as it`s own page to show its information each time the visitor click on a movie, (but having the same stylesheet interface to that of my index stylesheet)

Because I see movie websites online with thousands of different movies having their own pages of information, does it mean that all these pages were created one by one?

I have a doubt thinking that there would be a generating tools from Dreamweaver or a kind of script attached to index page that updates each movie to its own page and its information along.

Please dear friends direct me how to.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for stbuchok

For the second question, this is done by using a server side language (ASP.Net or PHP) and connecting to a database to pull the information.

Please is there posiblity of showing me how to do it or sending me the sample to understand better,because using PHP requires the codes that it goes with which I dont know,thanks.

25.Please can someone tell me: in Dreamweaver using AP Elements to create columns and move it to ones choice is too easy and simple than that of div but div still remain the dominated option for creating columns, I want to know ,is there any disadvantage in sing AP Element ?

Yes, absolutely positioning an element removes it from the normal flow of the page. This isn't a bad thing but typically designers encounter errors and it doesn't look consistent cross-browser. A lot of designers forget, or simply don't know, the order the browser displays content in. It also makes it difficult for screen readers to effectively find and read your site's content.

Most layouts involving columns are much easier to do with divisions. It's also far more simple for anyone else that's reading your markup and CSS. They are both valid techniques, both have their downsides, and both have a place where they should and shouldn't be used. A lot of newer designers only use one method for positioning elements, which is entirely misguided. You should use both.

26.Please I need help, I have a website and hundreds of movies in my site, how can I make these movies to open in a different tab as it`s own page to show its information each time the visitor click on a movie, (but having the same stylesheet interface to that of my index stylesheet)

This can be done with several languages. HTML and CSS are not part of them. JavaScript, jQuery (a JavaScript library), AJAX, PHP.

Because I see movie websites online with thousands of different movies having their own pages of information, does it mean that all these pages were created one by one?

Yes and no. The pages are created when the file is uploaded with a server side language, such as PHP. Or they are generated on the fly while the information is pulled from a database - also with a server side language like PHP.

I have a doubt thinking that there would be a generating tools from Dreamweaver or a kind of script attached to index page that updates each movie to its own page and its information along.

Yes.

Regards
Arkinder

Thank you for information about div and AP Element, I understood it clearly, thanks.

I also realy thank you all for your contribution about page generating information please below is more to understand about it.
Is it posssible to let me know how to do it I uses Dreamweaver and I have houndreds of moovies download links from my host site listed in my own website and I know that I can not create their pages one by one, please tell me the Language that I will use as mentioned by you experts,java, PHP, ASP.NET, More importantly where and how to employ it in my website, I would ne greatful,Thanks.

You're welcome. I suggest using PHP with a MySQL database. Asking your question in the PHP forum would be a better idea.

Regards
Arkinder

Ok thank you I have taken to PHO Forum as you directed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.