I've upload a screenshot which shows the problem i'm having, anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

I've circled the problem within a red circle.

See image attached.

Thanks upload3

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Not sure what you mean by smeared, but have you tried using different browsers?

Not sure what you mean by smeared, but have you tried using different browsers?

it looks smudged a little

Is it possible that you are having a padding issue? I'm not sure but maybe if you posted your css code (whatever you wish to call it) you might get a quicker resolution to your problem.

Is it possible that you are having a padding issue? I'm not sure but maybe if you posted your css code (whatever you wish to call it) you might get a quicker resolution to your problem.

here's my css

#links ul{
    margin:0px;
    padding:0px;

}

#links li{
    display:inline;
    margin:0px;
    padding:0px;
    list-style:none;
    float:left;
    position:relative;
}

#links li a{
    display:block;
    width:250px;
    height:40px;
    text-decoration:none;
    text-align:center;
    font-family:Calibri;
    font-size:18px;
    color:#FFF;
    background-color:#373737;
}

#links li a:hover{
    color:#FFF;
    background-color:#5F5F5F;
}

#links ul ul{
    position:absolute;
    visibility:hidden;
    top:40px;
    height:200px;
    width:250px;
    background-color:#373737;
}

#links ul li:hover ul{
    visibility:visible;
}

I see some smudging in the picture, but I assume that's the picture itself. Since not all browsers display exactly the same, I had suggested testing across multiple browsers. I find that IE has more of a "smudgy" look.

I see some smudging in the picture, but I assume that's the picture itself. Since not all browsers display exactly the same, I had suggested testing across multiple browsers. I find that IE has more of a "smudgy" look.

i've tried firefox, IE and chrome, FF seems to be the worst and itr's slightly visible in the others

I would expect a slightly different view across browsers. Tried from a different computer to rule out your video card/monitor? Do you have this online so that we can access it directly?

I dont see the relationship between CSS and smudging.

your Monitor is geting old...
time to replace it.
ps there's nothing wrong in the given screenshot

I also don't see anything wrong with the screenshot??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.