Hi all, can somebody please let me know where I can find a good guide on how to use and especially what's included and what you can accomplish with Open CMS (I believe it's an open source content management system, probably a bit like wordpress)?
ALso, if anybody has used it, please let me know how you find it, possibly main features as well?
thanks a lot

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Violet_82

Hi all, can somebody please let me know where I can find a good guide on how to use and especially what's included and what you can accomplish with Open CMS (I believe it's an open source content management system, probably a bit like wordpress)?

I haven't used that before but thanks for the mention. I might check it out.

As a CMS: I try TextPattern and Symphony.

thanks, no I need info specifically on Open CMS I am afraid, thanks, I thought somebody might know a bit about it : - )

Like something I really don't understand about templates: apparently there is only one default template but my understanding is that even if you use that, the layout of the page can be changed because elements can be dragged and dropped. Is that the case for navigation as well? In other words will I be able to build a site with whatever comes with the package, moving things around to completely change the layout, moving and customize the navigation, without developing other templates myself?
thanks

read everything already drjohn thanksm even the 2 manuals in the documentation, I was just hoping for somebody who used it to tell me how it is.
thanks

Open source CMS is one of the best option to download easily at free of cost and used for your website development. Many people like to download this kind of one CMS like wordpress,joomla etc which are mainly used for designing various kind of web templates.

I used Joomla 2.5 for quite sometime and it's pretty impressive and powerful. It has a very user friendly back end to easily manipulate the front end of your website. Once you finished the set up, you can download many free or premium templates, modules, and components to design your dynamic website :) The only problem that I experienced was, if your Joomla website is full of modules and components, though it is great and very functional, some web servers cannot handle it and the loading time of the website is very slow.

You may access this site for download http://www.joomla.org/download.html and this one for tutorials http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla/:)

karlcunanan, the thread is specifically about openCMS and not Joomla.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.