Hello Every one, I found a problem about Twitter Bootstrap Big Table.
When I want to use more then 10 Colum in a Table with in Span 9 or Span 12, Its getting break the layout. So what will be the better solutions. Please give a Demo link or any Semple Table.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have started to use Bootstrap quite recently, personally I think it's just a waste of time, but anyway, I think the reason why it is breaking is because you are using the table inside the grid - if I understand correctly what you're saying. My suggestion is to get rid of the grid and follow the example here http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/base-css.html#tables where no grid is used.

Need some more specific ans please.

well, not sure I can be more specific than that mate. You said you are using the grid system to create the table - at least this is my understanding - and like I said, forget about the grid system (it looks like the below)

<div class="row">
    <div class="span4"></div>
    <div class="span8"></div>
</div>

That is used to place content in the page, but it shouldn't be used to position tables on the page. Look at the table markup they have on the link I sent you:

<table>
  <caption>...</caption>
  <thead>
    <tr>
      <th>...</th>
      <th>...</th>
    </tr>
  </thead>
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <td>...</td>
      <td>...</td>
    </tr>
  </tbody>
</table>

DO you see? There are no div with class of row or span, just a table. If you do that the table shouldn't break. DOes it make sense?

commented: yup +14

Try setting width to 100%, to keep it contained with in the div.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.