Helloooooooooo everybody!

I 've got a question,again :).If I wish to export any image from Photoshop 7 to Flash Mx,"how do" and "which format" do I save it in?I wish to have the pic with a transparent background. Should I: (1) Use the "crop" tool and save it in GIF (File>Save as) or (2) use "slice" tool and save for web in PNG? I need maximum image quality.

theScorp

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by vishesh

by importing images into flash you will increase size of your final flash file. use of gif/jpg/png depend what kind of image you try to import, if image is like a photo it is better to keep it in jpg or png if you prefer. On other hand if the picture is kind of cartoon/drawing import it as gif.
There is also posibility to transfer bitmap graphic into vector graphic so it can free strech without pixaleting, but I can't remember the proces of transfer. this is only recomended for cartoons/drawing etc as they are made of areas of same or similar colour.

Hi

You can open any image file jpg/gif/png/ in flash. However, if you want it in transparent backgorund, i prefer to save the photoshop file as gif. Then you can open it directly in flash or use import. But be sure that you choose a transparent background (again, this time in flash) for this file.:)

Votes + Comments
Yes, iamthwee

Hi

You can open any image file jpg/gif/png/ in flash. However, if you want it in transparent backgorund, i prefer to save the photoshop file as gif. Then you can open it directly in flash or use import. But be sure that you choose a transparent background (again, this time in flash) for this file.:)

I agree, I've never had problems with transparency when using .gif format and you can still get a pretty sharp image.

Use png format. Much better and smaller for photographic images with transparent background.

u can import images from flash mx, but if you want to export image from photoshop publish it in swf.

png is advised to use for transparent images.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.