I am trying something very basic as I am very new to Web Design.

When someone fills out a form and clicks submit, a default page letting the person know their submission was sent opens. For me, the data is then sent to my e-mail so I may read the persons question, request or whatever. What I am trying to do is once the person submits the form, I want the data to still go to my e-mail but instead of showing a default submission page I would like them to see a confirmation/submission web page I created. I am using Yahoo as my web host and it is their default submission page I see. Please help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sdavidson

The cgi mail script usually provides an option for which page to send the user to upon completion of the form

The cgi mail script usually provides an option for which page to send the user to upon completion of the form

CGI mail script. Um, it seems I am in over my head. Could you elaborate a more please. So I can be clearer, I would like the information from the form sent to my e-mail, but I would like the user to see a "Thank you " web page after they press the submit button.

The link you provided is a great tool for those who know how to code. Sadly, I am not that person.

My webhost already provides the mail server people send the forms to. However, they only see a generic "form submitted" page after their submission and the submitted data goes to the e-mail address provided by my mail server. Instead of seeing that generic "form submitted" page I want them to see a thank you page I created. How do I do that?

It seems they aren't that savvy. The guy eluded to some sort of re-direction after a person submits the form. Is that possible and how do I do that?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.