Hi, I am having some problems with css on a website that i take care of for my local Scout Troop. I have little idea of css, but have managed so far to put the site together by hacking at a gnu released template.

The problems are related to the right hand side of the site, firstly there is a large gap between the radio button and text in a poll, and secondly when browsing using firefox, the images linking to sponsor sites appear to close together while on IE they are fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that the post is probably a little ambiguous, but i wasn't sure what additional info to post.

My guess is that the radio buttons and text labels are aligned using a form... without being specifically set widths the browsers will just determine the widths as their internal logic dictates...

Otherwise you may need to see if the radio buttons have any margin-right values set by default...

The images for the sponsor links is different because IE and FF will use different default values to space various elements on the screen when the values are not specifically set...

You can usually resolve this be ensuring that all values are set to a common default... Typically in a page level CSS so you can manage these all from 1 central location...

Peace,

Hi, im gonna include the php file responsible for the polls. I think that it might have something to do with it. If somebody could have a quick look through it it would be greatly apreciated.

I was right, the polls are formatted using tables and the widths are not set... you should edit the file to set the width of the column that contains theradio buttons to a narrow size... just big enough for the radio buttons and some buffer around it...

also the TD tags are using a CSS class, which is dynamic so I can't tell you anything about it... but confirm that A) it exists so the browser can find it... if not it won't give you any error message but the class="xxxxx" part will just be ignored....

That should fix that one... Your images issue is likely the same... you want to send the code for that one, I will look at it too...

Peace,

Thanks! Ill try it out after a meeting i have soon, and tell you how it goes then.

good luck, I will wait to hear your results

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.