I have to 2 questions regarding image editing.

1. I want to change the background color of any image.
  2. How can I design an image which if I put on any image/web page so background of this image match to the background of web page. Plz see the this below image I put on any web page its background always match with the background of web page. Plz tell me how can I design that kind of images.

Example: [IMG]http://www.simplemachines.org/community/Themes/default/images/smflogo.gif[/IMG]

Plz also recommend me software and its version where I can easily fullfil my both questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

You'd have to code that.

All colour that is rendered as html is represented as a code.

All you have to do is match that code to get the same colour.

Member Avatar for Rhyan

I have to 2 questions regarding image editing.

1. I want to change the background color of any image.
  2. How can I design an image which if I put on any image/web page so background of this image match to the background of web page. Plz see the this below image I put on any web page its background always match with the background of web page. Plz tell me how can I design that kind of images.

Example: [IMG]http://www.simplemachines.org/community/Themes/default/images/smflogo.gif[/IMG]

Plz also recommend me software and its version where I can easily fullfil my both questions.

Thanks & Regards,

As I see the example - this is just a transparent GIF image. Every program like Fireworks or Photoshop can do that. So, if you want your image to mach every background - start a new image in photoshop, where backgound is transparent, draw the picture, or whatever you want, and save it as a GIF Image preserving transparency, or as a PNG image, also preserving transparency.

Note that max colors you can use for the GIF image is 256 - not a good choice for full color images.
Good luck!

Thanks Rhyan for given tips, but how about my 1st question, how can I change the background of any image, step by step guide will be highly apprciated.

Thanks.

Member Avatar for Rhyan

Thanks Rhyan for given tips, but how about my 1st question, how can I change the background of any image, step by step guide will be highly apprciated.

Thanks.

Now, first of all - what do you mean by any image? Is it a photo that you have taken with your camera, or is it a graphic, that you have created using a program?

If you want to change the background of an image, taken with camera, then you have to do something like this:
1. Open the image
2. Select the area that you want to be visible - not the background!
3. Copy the selected area into your clipboard.
4. Start new transparent image, according to my previous post.
5. Paste the selected area from the clipboard. So the selection should appear on a transparent background.
6. Export the image as GIF or PNG both using max colors.

If you want to have a fancy text to appear on any page with different background, then the procedure is the same as per above, however starting from No 4. Instead of pasting some image though, just use the type tools of the program you use to create the image, to edit the text, change the color of the text, etc, as if your're using word.

Now, the image with transparent background always matches the color of the bacground of the web page. E.g. you put a transparent image on a blue page - the background is blue, you put the same image on a pink page, the background is pink.
If you have no idea how to deal with colors in webpages - go to the html and css topics to find out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.