Hi, ive recently finished a website and was testing it out on different browsers when I noticed that there was a small problem ie6. The theme used (its a joomla site) includes a tab at the top of the page which slides down when clicked. In ie6 it displays fine on the homepage, but is completely transparent on any other page. I have no idea where to start looking for the problem.
If anybody thinks they can help then the link is www.troop.scouts.sebcachia.com. Thanks in advance!!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

IE6 is made of bugs.

Too true, unfortunately however the same theme used on other sites works well which leads me to believe that the issue is a little more complex than that.
The fact that it works seamlessly on ie7 and ff does prove it to be a ie6 bug, but it still remains and avoidable one.

Any ideas on what could have caused it to stop working?

Works fine for me. Have you seen this bug in other computers? Bye.

Hi, yes I have. Here is a screenshot of the problem to ensure that I have properly explained myself... Note that the problem doesn't occur when on the homepage, but does on every other page.

Ok, I saw it. In my opinion you just missed a slash:

progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader
(src='templates/rt_colormatic/images/style3/fx-tab.png', 

Add a slash (/) before templates. Actually the browser considers this link as a relative path, not an absolute path. Bye :)

P.S. excuse me for my bad english.

Hey thanks cereal! That seems to have solved the problem!!!

Great! :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.