please see the link http://www.opal-stone.com just below the top menu you can see a white band on the main page. I am unable to resolve this problem. please help me to troubleshoot this problem. ask me for any clarifications. thank you for your valuable time and efforts.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Okay...

1) You have inserted contents and elements straight into a <table>, no <tr> or <td> !!!!
This is incorret.
If you Validated, you would have found tis error and fixed it.
(http://validator.w3.org)

2) Rather than making your page title a <p> with lots of <br>s... try using one of the <heading> tags... I'd recomend either <h2> or <h3>.
Then Style that.

3) You'll also find that the White is due to the image used not actually showing properly!
Try aligning the image to the bottom of the Table Cell.

Alternatively, get rid of the tables and use DIVS+CSS.
You will probably end up using 1/4th less code, and find it much much easier to see problems and make alterations.

Alternatively, get rid of the tables and use DIVS+CSS.
You will probably end up using 1/4th less code, and find it much much easier to see problems and make alterations.

To rephrase that to be accurate rather than emotive: you might end up using a 1/4 less code, you might find it easier to see certain problems, and you might find it is easier to make alterations. Equally, you might end up using the same amount or more code, running into problems that are very, very difficult to see, and finding it more difficult to make controlled alterations. There's no 'probably' about it in any general case.

thanks for your prompt reply. i am working on your solutions and will get back to you.

... MattEvans ...
Hey, I did use the word "probably"... does that not count ?
;)
(then again, the "ands" may have been read as definitive breaks from the probably... :D)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.