Who said which?

And now is the time to keep the promise of equal pay for an equal day's work.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need(s).

Obama/Biden v McCain/Palin

Heh:

Ouch!
Barack Obama 42
John McCain 11

McCain:

"She has been commander in chief of the Alaska National Guard. Fact. On September 11 a contingent of the Guard deployed to Iraq and her son happened to be one of them so I think she understands national security challenges."

On Sept. 11 there was an ARMY deployment ceremony at which she was the guest speaker, her son is in the Army not the Guard - McCain is not keeping these things in his head very well.

Then he may have become confused about Spain's prime minister Jose Luis Zapatero, was he thinking Spain was in South America or was he saying that Spain is not a friend of the United States.? His spokesperson:

"The questioner asked several times about Senator McCain's willingness to meet Zapatero (and id'd him in the question so there is no doubt Senator McCain knew exactly to whom the question referred). Senator McCain refused to commit to a White House meeting with President Zapatero in this interview," the Senator's foreign policy adviser Randy Sheunemann.

Appearing on the Miami-based Union Radio, a Spanish language radio station that conducted its interview in English, McCain touted his record "of working with leaders in the hemisphere that are friends with us, and standing up to those who are not." This came even after the questioner began that portion of the interview by saying: "let's talk about Spain."

So do you call him elitist or uppity?
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2
daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your
disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
* If you teach responsible, age-appropriate sex education, including the
proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If , while governor, y ou staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other
option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen
daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a
prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community,
then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude," has at least one DWI
conviction and no college education, didn't register to vote until age 25,
and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from
the the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

"Beer heiress good, ketchup heiress bad"

commented: Crazy, isn't it? :P +12

OOPS!:

Fumbling, again, some of his economic messaging, McCain confused the Federal Election Commission for the Securities and Exchange Commission during his speech on the housing and financial crises Friday morning.

Calling for SEC Chairman Chris Cox to step down, McCain declared: "I believe the chairman of the FEC should resign and leave office immediately."

Why are the McCain/Palin rallies emptying out during McCain's speech? Seems everyone shows for Palin and then and start to leave when McCain gets on the stage.??

Mc-Who? :icon_razz:

OOPS!:

I've begun to cut slack.

Hey! you buy 15 yards of chow line and i will throw in 2 yards of slack and a skate key.

Dave, I am ignoring you.

commented: LOL +17

Dumbass Bush

Dumbass democrats in congress for ignoring his warnings.

commented: And we are the smartass that will pay for it. +9

Heh.

A busload of politicians were driving down a country road when the bus suddenly ran off the road and crashed into an old farmer’s field.

The old farmer heard the tragic crash so he rushed over to investigate. He then began digging a large grave to bury the politicians.

A few hours later, the local sheriff was driving past the farmer’s field and noticed the bus wreck. He approached the old farmer and asked where all the politicians had gone.

The old farmer explained that he’d gone ahead and buried all of them.

“Were they ALL dead?” asked the puzzled sheriff.

“Well, some of them said they weren’t,” said the old farmer, “but you know how them politicians lie.”

More humor for today's break.

Obama é um candidato carismático e inteligente...uma grande oportunidade do mundo se ver livre de preconceitos raciais.
<urls snipped>

Spanish - xlates as:

Obama is a candidate charismatic and intelligent ... Opportunities do a great world view of preconceitos raciais livre.

We always treated sites abaixo related topic dess

If the views of Spanish speakers interest you, try.

The world gets to vote

Sep 23rd 2008
From Economist.com

Cast your vote now in the American presidential election with The Economist's Global Electoral College

THE outcome of America's presidential election is of some interest to the rest of the world. Only Americans are eligible to vote in the real thing but The Economist’s new feature, the Global Electoral College, lets the world have a say. We have redrawn the electoral map to include every country on the planet. But since it is America's election, we are playing by its rules. The electoral-college system means that Americans do not vote directly. Instead the ballot decides who wins a state's electoral-college votes, the number of which is based roughly on its population. Under our system each country is allocated a minimum of three votes with more added in proportion to population, giving a total of 9,875 in all. So cast your vote and then keep an eye on the results to test the theory that, if the world could choose, Barack Obama would stroll into the White House. Voting will close at midnight London time on November 1st. Click here to go to the Global Electoral College.

Why our financial system nearly collapsed

Wrong on so many different levels - blaming the woes of the nation on blacks.

HOW BAD WERE THINGS LAST WEEK?
This bad.

Things were so bad that the bush team made another power grab - attempting to take control of the economy specifically excluding congress and the judicial branch.

Barack Obama Votes "Present" on the Most Pressing Financial Issue of Our Time

Yeah, right - a thoughtful person would automatically spew platitudes and cliches just like McCain.

Wrong on so many different levels - blaming the woes of the nation on blacks.

What!?! I find that to be a gross mischaracterization of so much. Why do those on the left put race first even when the other side doesn't even have the thought enter their mind until the left brings it up?

Things were so bad that the bush team made another power grab - attempting to take control of the economy specifically excluding congress and the judicial branch.

Frankly, I heard Cheney.

Yeah, right - a thoughtful person would automatically spew platitudes and cliches just like McCain.

I don't think there was universal rejoicing from the right and thereabouts.

The web is lovely dark and deep
But you have promises to keep.
And hours to surf before you sleep.
And hours to surf before you sleep.

Cavuto asked Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-CA) on September 18, "[W]hen you and many of your colleagues were pushing for more minority lending and more expanded lending to folks who heretofore couldn't get mortgages, when you were pushing homeownership ... Are you totally without culpability here? Are you totally blameless? Are you totally irresponsible of anything that happened?" Cavuto later said, "I'm just saying, I don't remember a clarion call that said, 'Fannie and Freddie are a disaster. Loaning to minorities and risky folks is a disaster.'"

CAVUTO: All right, but let me ask you -- but, Congressman, when -- when you and many of your colleagues were pushing for more minority lending and more expanded lending to folks who heretofore couldn't get mortgages, when you were pushing homeownership --

BECERRA: Neil, who did that?

CAVUTO: -- again, no, no, seriously, again with the best of interests --

BECERRA: Who did that?

CAVUTO: I'm not saying -- I'm not blaming one or the other. I'm just saying you and a lot of --

BECERRA: Yeah, but who did that? I'm not aware of anyone asking anyone to make a loan to someone who couldn't afford it.

CAVUTO: I'm just saying, are you -- are you totally -- wait a minute. Are you totally without culpability here? Are you totally blameless? Are you totally irresponsible of anything that happened?

BECERRA: Neil, if you can tell me what Congress did not do that it should have done, I'm more than willing to take a look at that, and -- and answer your question. But, as far as I can tell, with regard to what the Fed did, the Fed is -- is an entity, a body, that is under the administration, at least to some degree. We can only ask for oversight responses from the Fed or from the administration.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200809190021

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.