So, I'm fairly sure this is the place to ask about these things. I'm not quite sure though. If this is in the wrong spot, would someone please direct me to the correct forum?

Anywho's. I own an 80GB iPod of the fifth generation. Lately, it's been acting very wierdly with me. I've been making attempt after attempt to sync my music to said disk and it will get about four or five hundred songs back onto the disk and then freeze. I've reset the device to it's "factory settings" multiple times and am still running into the same issue. Will someone please help me to solve this issue?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

my girlfriend had the same problem with her's a few months back . . .

she had to hold the reset buttons while flicking the hold button repeatidly,
this solved it for about a week before the same thing happened . . . . .

so i ended up ringing Ipod and they said it needed new software downloaded onto it . . . seems to be ok now its been 3weeks and no problems that i know of so far

It freezes mid sync. I restored the system and tried syncing it again, it always freezes. I'm thinking that maybe there's a corrupted file in my library or something that is causing this but I'm not sure.

I've made sure that the software on my iPod is up to date and the like...things are still wrong.

It freezes mid sync. I restored the system and tried syncing it again, it always freezes. I'm thinking that maybe there's a corrupted file in my library or something that is causing this but I'm not sure.

I've made sure that the software on my iPod is up to date and the like...things are still wrong.

could be on to something if it freezes every time you sync it . . . . have you tried doing it in stages?? say 20 songs at a time . . . . long winded i know,
failing that watch it while its syncing

So, I'm fairly sure this is the place to ask about these things. I'm not quite sure though. If this is in the wrong spot, would someone please direct me to the correct forum?

Anywho's. I own an 80GB iPod of the fifth generation. Lately, it's been acting very wierdly with me. I've been making attempt after attempt to sync my music to said disk and it will get about four or five hundred songs back onto the disk and then freeze. I've reset the device to it's "factory settings" multiple times and am still running into the same issue. Will someone please help me to solve this issue?

I have same problem,but I try many time for that,it's ok for Ipod classic 80GB.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.