dellie 0 Newbie Poster

I attend a University where the Dell Inspiron 1501 is common. The common problem is with the battery. I have that problem as well with mine. Does Dell know this(in which case this is stale news)and if so what are they doing to address this problem? I have heard people say that it is because it is cheaper than the other models but a good cheap product does well for a company's image just as well as an expensive one. I am sure that a cheap poor quality product does bad for a company's image on the flip side. Imagine a first time purchaser who cannot afford an XPS right now, who having heard about Dell, takes what their pocket can afford and buys an Inspiron 1501? It gives this serious problem. The likelihood of this person going back to purchase another Dell would be diminished. So he comes to me and I am an IT Technician who should know which brands are better by experience and information gathered over time. Why should I recommend Dell especially since I have the bad experience with it myself? If Dell has not yet taken steps to stop the damage, when will they? I see their sales in my country Jamaica going down. People ask questions. I am not seeking a refund or anything I just want them to do better and remember first time laptop buyers are VERY important. Ask the motorists in JAmaica why they love to drive Toyota motor cars and they will probably tell you that from the cheapest sedan to the more expensive Mark2's and others, they get value for their money.