Hi dear, I bought an used dell optiplex gx1 and start but and say: press <ctrl><alt><enter> for system setup (and I do it but nothing happen> my key board is ok I allredy try it with another computer and work) also say erro 8602 auxiliare device failure. pxe-moo:initializing landesk service agent for 3c90, type de password and... press <enter> to leave p/w security enable, press <ctrl><enter> to disable p/w (and I done it and nothing) then say enter password. What can I do to disable that p/w get to the setup so I can format the H/D and install Windows 98se Thank you before de hand you could e-mail me at sergioperez20@msn.com thanks a lot. :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

look on the motherboard for a jumper to reset the bios to default usuall near the bios chip ,or remove the motherboard battery for a while to restor the default bios.

Hi dear, I bought an used dell optiplex gx1 and start but and say: press <ctrl><alt><enter> for system setup (and I do it but nothing happen> my key board is ok I allredy try it with another computer and work) also say erro 8602 auxiliare device failure. pxe-moo:initializing landesk service agent for 3c90, type de password and... press <enter> to leave p/w security enable, press <ctrl><enter> to disable p/w (and I done it and nothing) then say enter password. What can I do to disable that p/w get to the setup so I can format the H/D and install Windows 98se Thank you before de hand you could e-mail me at sergioperez20@msn.com thanks a lot. :sad:

When you open the case (facing the front), on the bottom left of the motherboard you will see some jumpers and the board will be labeled (albeit very small). Remove the jumber on the label "passwd" and you should be able to boot normally and even access the BIOS. I had the same problem and did this with success.

I inherited one of these too. Dead. Power would turn fans, but no boot activity. No Flash screen to monitor. I pulled all the memory Simms Out of it and turned it on. This forced the BIOS firmware to beep complaint codes. Put one 256Meg Simm back in. Then it posted Dell Flash Screen on power up - and F2 to enter Bios Setup.

how do u open this thing? Im having some trouble

done nvm

easy wasn't it , 2 button left and right and pull forward !

hard to find at first but finally made it hehe, thx

diskette drive 1 seek failure

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.