I had a problem with my Dell Optiplex GX270, When I turned on the CPU the light of the hard drive activity light and the power light were freezed. No video on the screen. I need help with my problem.Thank you.

I have a similar problem. the power light blinks yellow and will not do anything. wont boot and no display. when i open the case and inspect, the motherboard, an LED in the middle area of it is permanently lit yellow.
Can someone please tell me if this is a Power Unit fault or else, is it the Motherboard at fault? Many thanks

I had a problem with my Dell Optiplex GX270, When I turned on the CPU the light of the hard drive activity light and the power light were freezed. No video on the screen. I need help with my problem.Thank you.

According to the dell forums the Optiplex GX270 has some motherboard issues, here is a quick reply from a technician about checking on swollen capacitors

"I would suggest you look at the capacitors on the motherboard. If they are swollen, then you have found your problem. Look at the top of the caps. If you see a "K" then the cap is OK. If you see an "X" then it's swollen. Only answer is a new motherboard."
-Dell Forums

First of all I would take a peek at the motherboard, and if the above is true, check your warranty status.

Let's revisit Dell optiplex gx270 won't boot. I unfortunately have a peer-to-peer with about 40 of these units at a private school that cannot afford to upgrade system at this time. I have tried the capacitor replacement route with some boards. As units begin to fail, I have moved PBCs around. Example: Unit A would power up but shut down after a few minutes. Unit B shows a blinking yellow light. Move PCB B to Unit A and now Unit A shows same blinking yellow light. Move PCBs back to original Units and now both have blinking yellow lights. Something on PCB B has caused a problem to appear in Unit that would run for a few minutes. Any thoughts?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.