I have a EB-GD92 Panasonic GSM cellphone. I want to connect the cellphone to my PC. My PC configuration is Celeron 300/64Mz with a Motorola SM56 modem. What connector should I buy?
Does the connector connect to the PC modem port or USB/Serial/Parallel ports? Does it require special software? I am doing this the first time.

rational611

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I hve never seen a celphone that connects to a computer ,that doesn't mean there isn't one ,but a search of your phone doesent say iy hooks up to a computer ,if you are wanting to connect it to the internet then you have to subscribe to a wireless internet server provider to use your phone for e-mail and stuff !

My phone, actually, does connect to my computer via a USB connector provided by Motorola (that I don't have, btw). It supposedly allows me to transfer ringers and .gifs from my monitor to my mini colored cellphone screen.

My phone, actually, does connect to my computer via a USB connector provided by Motorola (that I don't have, btw). It supposedly allows me to transfer ringers and .gifs from my monitor to my mini colored cellphone screen.

I found the cable for 4 bucks at bargaincell. I suppose I will run into the software to use the cell to access an ISP. Thats better than wifi in some ways...

:!:

call motorola if you want i can get the number .. they have cable link from cell to computer w/software.. i know couse i answer this question 50 times a day to customer... ( i work for Cingular Wireless customer service )

thanks for the responses. I am still looking for shareware software to setup the driver. I have the cable.

I have a EB-GD92 Panasonic GSM cellphone. I want to connect the cellphone to my PC. My PC configuration is Celeron 300/64Mz with a Motorola SM56 modem. What connector should I buy?
Does the connector connect to the PC modem port or USB/Serial/Parallel ports? Does it require special software? I am doing this the first time.

After looking over the manual (PDF format), I see nothing about any kind of computer connection...

have you tryed with you service providers website and or your manufatures...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.