war3n3xt 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all
Sorry i can't post anymore details than these, I cant get a detailed report because the heap wont post...

Medion PC MT6.
SN 11189010090360.
Not running windows xp-pro.

Here's the heads up!! I've been lurking a while now and have found reading various post really helpful.. In fact you've all help me fix a few computers already.

This one stumps me..

when i took delivery of the machine it would just give one long bleep with black screen..
I opened it up and it was really dusty.. I removed the video card and replaced it with one I knew worked.. resetting cmos by removing power/batt..
fired it up and it worked... YAY
not for long though.. before i could run anything from a well know Dos disk.. it would freeze up.. I thought check fans and clean out heat-sink.. thermal paste was a bit dry so i topped that up nicely... all was good... not...

Now i get zilch zero Nada.. did a bare bones and still nothing.. CPU is sat right.. but its one of those without pins more like discs.. Im a bit stuck now..

can some one offer some guidance and maybe tell me if I'm having the dumb or something..

thanks

jode

(Gloucestershire UK)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.