dear all

what is bank or memory bank? what is its function? anyone can give me suggestion or some tutoial, anyhow i didn't find in goole so far. thanks a lot

zhiyuan

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

memory bank is referring to the slot on the motherboard that holds the stick of memory know as ram ,usually at least 2 memory banks on a motherboard ,and usually best if you only have one stick of ram that you put it in bank0,and not bank1,that is usually how they are numbered starting with 0 then 1,2,3 .most banks i've seen on a motherboard is 4 but some have 2 and 3 ,and ram stands for random access memory.have a look here .when searching put motherboard in the search with memory bank.
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/ram/pack_Banks.htm

memory bank is referring to the slot on the motherboard that holds the stick of memory know as ram ,usually at least 2 memory banks on a motherboard ,and usually best if you only have one stick of ram that you put it in bank0,and not bank1,that is usually how they are numbered starting with 0 then 1,2,3 .most banks i've seen on a motherboard is 4 but some have 2 and 3 ,and ram stands for random access memory.have a look here .when searching put motherboard in the search with memory bank.
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/ram/pack_Banks.htm

thanks a lot friend

i have a urgent question here about FPGA:

i would like to know merely why we can speed up processing when using FPGA..?that means how are data passed and fetched? thanks a lot

Caperjack, memory bank does not refer to the slots on the motherboard. Memory bank refers to a match between the processor's data bus width and the RAM's bit width. For example if you are using a CPU with a 64 bit data bus, one 64 bit DIMM makes a full bank. If you are working with an older motherboard with RIMM sockets, four 16 bit RIMMs or two 32 bit RIMMs makes a full bank.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.