I was being really smart and tried to update the bios of my Acer Aspire E360 Desktop, but it failed. Then being super smart, I restarted the computer, but all it gives me 1 long beep, a short beep, then it gives me endless short beeps. There is nothing on screen. It lights up, and fans start up but does not boot. I also cant get into the Bios. Ive tried taking the battery out for a day and putting it back in. Ive heard that if the bios was erased, its best to get a new mobo/computer but i dont want to do that. I wanted another opinion before i ship it back to acer to get a costly repair. Thank you.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pmok9194

I was being really smart and tried to update the bios of my Acer Aspire E360 Desktop, but it failed. Then being super smart, I restarted the computer, but all it gives me 1 long beep, a short beep, then it gives me endless short beeps. There is nothing on screen. It lights up, and fans start up but does not boot. I also cant get into the Bios. Ive tried taking the battery out for a day and putting it back in. Ive heard that if the bios was erased, its best to get a new mobo/computer but i dont want to do that. I wanted another opinion before i ship it back to acer to get a costly repair. Thank you.

Hi, Although I didn't flash the BIOS, I've got the same symptoms. I've checked the drive via a USB adapter and it appears to be OK. Were you able to get it running yourself or did you ship it back to Acer? What was the problem? Thanks.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.