I saw once somewhere that my cpu can run up to 3Ghz but standard it runs on 2,2...

I have an Asus M2N32 SLi Deluxe mainboard with 4Gb OCZ memory, AM2 4200+ cpu with a golden bullit cooler on it and a Hiper R 550w powersupply

oh yeah and 1 Asus EN9600GT graphiccard and a samsung spinpoint 320Gb 16mb cache HDD

Can any1 tell me how I can best do this??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

its called overclocking

it can break (physically melt) your cpu though, and lead to many other problems. So if you dont know what you are doing, dont do it!

That its called overclocking I knew... and seeing Im system engineer I kinda know what Im doing... its just I want to try out, so if any1 has a some advice about it I would like to know

in the bios, you can adjust the settings for overclocking. Remember, small steps, dont crank it all the way up to the max!

another important thing is cooling. You need additional cooling for overclocking. Keep a keen eye on your cpu temp.

That its called overclocking I knew... and seeing Im system engineer I kinda know what Im doing... its just I want to try out, so if any1 has a some advice about it I would like to know

good credentials ,think you would have thought to type overclocking into a.google search .LOL
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1804

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.