Here is the order of events that has brought me here. My system info will be at the bottom of this.

When I would start my laptop. Within a few moments the fan would start spinning faster and faster until the laptop turned off. It would stay on for 1-5 mins. That was the only problem i had. I unassembled very carefully it to clean the fan and all the dust around the vents. I reassembled it very carefully.

This is where the real problems start, When I started it up and i got this a blue screen and the following message:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the Hive
(file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config\Software or it's log alternative. It is corrupt, absent or not writable.
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact you or system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

After pulling my hair out for a few hours researching this. I unassembled my laptop again very carefully to make sure there were no loose connections and and that ebverything looked ok. I reassembled it again and when I powered up I got this

unmountable boot volume 0x000000ed 0x8776a7b8, 0xc000009c, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

And that is where im stuck. Ive tried rebooting xp from the cd, basically all the the windows advanced options. Nothing works. I also ran the hard drive test and it passed. I have faith someone has the answer Im looking for. Thank you in advanced.

My system
Hp Pavilion dv5000
Xp service pack 2 media center edition
AMD Turion 64 2000 Mhz
Bios version f.33
KBC version 49.38

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i start with this site ,you will see ed
unmountable boot volume ,on the right hand side . might help.
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

hi, check out this article from microsoft (for XP).. hope it helps..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

i like to make them work for it ! thats the link they would have come up with had they followed my link

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.