Ive had this video card for a couple of years but my son tried playing a couple of lego video games on it but the games are not working. I updated my drivers recently but still no good. I have direct x 9 installed. I run the dx diagnostic test , when i run the direct x test directx3d on the first test of that one it works, on the second the x cube box freezes and gets garbled. Maybe my video card does not support that feature? any help? thanks :?:

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Driver corruption? Dying display card? Easiest and most accurate way to determin this is to format the system and install Windows and the appropriate drivers etc fresh and clean. The card definitely supports the feature, so it must be either system corruption of failing hardware. You need to determine which!

Driver corruption? Dying display card? Easiest and most accurate way to determin this is to format the system and install Windows and the appropriate drivers etc fresh and clean. The card definitely supports the feature, so it must be either system corruption of failing hardware. You need to determine which!

I reformated my comp both drives still not working thanks for your info.

Precise Game title then please, and an indication of the Windows version in use. I'm suspecting that this may simply be a game title which is incompatible with the Windows version.

Precise Game title then please, and an indication of the Windows version in use. I'm suspecting that this may simply be a game title which is incompatible with the Windows version.

actually it does support windows xp the name of the game is soccer mania from eagames, its a lego game. I just think my graphics card does not support direct x 8 (direct 3d) im assuming i cant think of anything else lol. :o

A GeForce4 Ti card is most definitely a DirectX8 card.

A GeForce4 Ti card is most definitely a DirectX8 card.

Maybe my card is damaged? I cant figure it out my geforce4 ti 4200 card im gonna have to buy a new one i guess.

Have you ever run other 3D games successfully on the system? If this is the first time 3D games have been run on it, then perhaps things are not installed correctly under Windows? If the motherboard chipset drivers are incorrectly installed, for example, calls to 3D functions of the card will fail, whilst normal 2D operation will still work fine.

Have you ever run other 3D games successfully on the system? If this is the first time 3D games have been run on it, then perhaps things are not installed correctly under Windows? If the motherboard chipset drivers are incorrectly installed, for example, calls to 3D functions of the card will fail, whilst normal 2D operation will still work fine.

Well my wife had bought Sims 2 during the summer. It worked fine till about a month ago. My son played other 3d games like lego racers 2 ect.. All of sudden about a month ago they stopped playing. The game would start and then the images would corrupt and would freeze.
Ill tell what i have on my comp maybe it can help.

windows xp 2000
Intel 4 pentium
516 Ram
2.26 ghz clock speed
c drive 12:12 gb
d drive 76.33 gb

To top it off I cant even run the direct x diagnostic tool on the direct 3d test. First it checks for direct 7 it works fine, then when it starts checking direct 8 the cube freezes, and my comp gets frozen have to restart. :sad:

About a month ago, something has happened on your system to corrupt the 3D functions. Perhaps it's a problem with the display card itself, but more likely it's a software problem.

To be honest, my own approach to such problems would be to format and reinstall fresh. Such problems can be a nightmare to troubleshoot, and it's often simply easier and quicker to format and start over. But if you want to try, I'd suggest the following:

Download and install the latest version of DirectX
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

Download the latest Display driver from www.nvidia.con in preparation.

Uninstall the display driver from Add/Remove Programs (if it has an entry there) and then Uninstall the display card from Device Manager ( Right-click My Computer, and choose Properties > Hardware > Devoce Manager. Right-click the entry for display adaptor and choose uninstall)

Reboot and cancel out of any 'Found New Hardware' dialogue.

Download and install the most recent motherboard chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Install the display driver you downloaded from NVidia by double-clicking it and following instructions.

Uninstall then reinstall any affected games and/or programs.

About a month ago, something has happened on your system to corrupt the 3D functions. Perhaps it's a problem with the display card itself, but more likely it's a software problem.

To be honest, my own approach to such problems would be to format and reinstall fresh. Such problems can be a nightmare to troubleshoot, and it's often simply easier and quicker to format and start over. But if you want to try, I'd suggest the following:

Download and install the latest version of DirectX
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

Download the latest Display driver from www.nvidia.con in preparation.

Uninstall the display driver from Add/Remove Programs (if it has an entry there) and then Uninstall the display card from Device Manager ( Right-click My Computer, and choose Properties > Hardware > Devoce Manager. Right-click the entry for display adaptor and choose uninstall)

Reboot and cancel out of any 'Found New Hardware' dialogue.

Download and install the most recent motherboard chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Install the display driver you downloaded from NVidia by double-clicking it and following instructions.

Uninstall then reinstall any affected games and/or programs.

I did reformat both my drives yesterday so my drives are totally clean but one question what do you mean by this?

Is your PC a brand name one? If so what make and model please? Otherwise, what is the make and model of the motherboard.

Motherboard chipset drivers must be installed to allow the various components which comprise a motherboard to effectively communicate with each other. One of those components is the AGP bus, which the display card uses for information flow. If the system is using generic, inbuilt drivers to run the motherboard, basic functions will work but advanced ones will not.

Is your PC a brand name one? If so what make and model please? Otherwise, what is the make and model of the motherboard.

Motherboard chipset drivers must be installed to allow the various components which comprise a motherboard to effectively communicate with each other. One of those components is the AGP bus, which the display card uses for information flow. If the system is using generic, inbuilt drivers to run the motherboard, basic functions will work but advanced ones will not.

How do i find out what kind of motherboard Im using. I just had a new one installed about 2 months , cause my older one's processor burned out.

How do i find out what kind of motherboard Im using. I just had a new one installed about 2 months , cause my older one's processor burned out.

Does this make sense??Intel(R)Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHZ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.