camelNotation 1 Posting Whiz in Training

Hello.I have upgraded my comp by adding a new cooling fan and one 256mb ddr ram.There are three slots for ram in my gigabyte motherboard.Previously,there were two ddr rams ( 128 each ).When I went to the store for adding two 256 ddr rams and brought my own two 128's back home , they said it's okay and asked me to check.I checked from device manager and it showed 512mb ok.For some reason , I hav been forced to ask them to give me only one 256mb ram and take out one.They did.After coming home,I found the 256ram in the middle slot ( adjusted properly).I took that out and placed at the bottom-most slot and added my old two 128's.Since then , I've seeing in device manager my ram as only 256.I have already tried to replace the newly bought ram but you know...there's a little bent hole-like place that can only be adjusted with the thing pointing upwards from the motherboard so that should be okay.If I try to adjust that 256mb ram in the bottommost or uppermost slot , then I fail to adjust.One side goes down well and the "holders" hold well but the holder on the other side keeps lose maybe because of the comperatively bigger size of the 256rams.The first time I ran the comp win xp after adjusting the rams myself,winxp got some type of hardware conflict or something i readjusted and since then its 256.tia :confused:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.