I have a Toshiba Equuim A80, 512Mb RAM 60G hdd etc. I have recently had a problem with the CD/DVD. The HDD then failed. Luckily I managed to keep the original rebuild CD. I connected the HDD to my desktop and managed to backup all my data files. I then booted my desktop using a BART-PE disk with Ghost on it. Using the rebuild CD which contains the .GHO files I re-imaged the laptop drive successfully. now when I put the drive into the Tosh it will POST quite happily, recognise the the HDD in both the POST and the BIOS but after POST there is nothing but a blinking cursor. I have tried the drive in a Samsung X25 laptop with no probs (to a certain extent) and the drive from the Samsung will boot the Tosh (ending in a BSOD which I also expected) but the Tosh drive will not boot the Tosh but is still recognised by the BIOS & POST. Any idea's anyone?

PS The Tosh HDD is readable as a secondary drive on any other machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.