I have 19in flat screen CRT monitor 3 years old. My monitor screen changes colour, when I move my data cable, connections are fine, looks like there is an internal damage to wires between the connector and the shield (in the cable).The cable on the monitor side is soldered inside the monitor.The only way to replace is to open the back of monitor.

Now my question is it worth replacing the data cable and how reliable is the performance afterwards.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Replacing the image cable can be quite costly. As an example, my 17" CRT had the same problem. I was quoted $110 (AUS) for a replacement cable. A new monitor would cost me $200.

Considering you have a larger screen, it may be worth the price, but it's up to you to do the math. I suggest you call up some repair stores or perhaps even find one that offers free evaluations/quotes.

Replacing the image cable can be quite costly. As an example, my 17" CRT had the same problem. I was quoted $110 (AUS) for a replacement cable. A new monitor would cost me $200.

Considering you have a larger screen, it may be worth the price, but it's up to you to do the math. I suggest you call up some repair stores or perhaps even find one that offers free evaluations/quotes.

Thanks for the feedback, I got quote for $40 (US). Cab we use anytype of data cable or it has to be same because I got Phillips monitor and they are not common type.

Should be a standard cable, but the techs should know what's what.

Unless you're planning to replace the cable yourself.....which isn't recommended!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.