Can someone tell me first: what i need installed on my pc's to go wireless.
My o/s is Windows xp on laptop and windows 98 on desktop.I have regular dial up services. I want to be able for both of my computers to be online at the same time or at least be able to roam wireless in my home with my laptop connected to dial up. If you have suggestions for items needed can you give me the brand and model to possibly try.
I see that there is a product called wirefly but i heard there is a less expensive way to remedy the problem. but if anyone knows if wirefly works then i'll try it!! PLEASE HELP!!
----KIM----

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you want to go wireless on dial up? why you should probably get broadband i cant see wireless dial up being very fast at all considering how slow regular dial up is. then wat you need is a modem, wireless router and wireless reciever like a network card for the laptop, then all you need to do is make sure this all set up right is install the software drivers and you should be good to go.

you want to go wireless on dial up? why you should probably get broadband i cant see wireless dial up being very fast at all considering how slow regular dial up is. then wat you need is a modem, wireless router and wireless reciever like a network card for the laptop, then all you need to do is make sure this all set up right is install the software drivers and you should be good to go.

I live in a rural area of S.C. and hi speed is not an option so thats why i am stuck with dial up!!

well unfortunaly you can go wireless with dial up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.