Ok.. lets see I recently changed computers, and decided to place my geforce card to this new computer, wich has a imbued Intel card already...

once I attach the PCI card and turn on the computer, the monitor won't show any image, I tried plugging the monitor to the geforce card, and to the Intel one...and none shows any image.

I went to the BIOS and set up to use PCI card... and nothing ...

I have no idea what to do .. with my old computer the geforce worked perfectly.. I don't understand why this one doesn't accept it.. it makes no weird beeps.. or anything, and the computer works normaly, like it loads, do the floppy, cd rom, mouse, and keyboard checking... but the monitor stays black..

Once I remove the geforce, and plug the monitor to the Intel card.. it works.. of course

=/ Any ideas that might help me? if so, thank you

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I am having a similair problem with my GeForce 7800 GT

Ok.. lets see I recently changed computers, and decided to place my geforce card to this new computer, wich has a imbued Intel card already...

once I attach the PCI card and turn on the computer, the monitor won't show any image, I tried plugging the monitor to the geforce card, and to the Intel one...and none shows any image.

I went to the BIOS and set up to use PCI card... and nothing ...

I have no idea what to do .. with my old computer the geforce worked perfectly.. I don't understand why this one doesn't accept it.. it makes no weird beeps.. or anything, and the computer works normaly, like it loads, do the floppy, cd rom, mouse, and keyboard checking... but the monitor stays black..

Once I remove the geforce, and plug the monitor to the Intel card.. it works.. of course

=/ Any ideas that might help me? if so, thank you

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. Please let me know any one has answer to this.

That might be the problem that the driver of your other graphics card only works with the graphic card that comes with it. Use the other graphics card to download the nVidia driver of your model from there website http://www.nvidia.com. After the installation of the nVidia driver is finished, shut down the computer, open the covers and change the Intel card to the nVidia card.

I hope it works!

Good response and true - make sure you disable any integrated (IGP) in the bios and remove traces-remnants-applets of any previous drivers that you were running in the add/remove section then try reinstalling an updated driver for your new card. If you're using a high end nVIDA 7800-7900 class card, or ATI X800-X18-19 class card you always want to run driver cleaner (good for it) before installing your new card and it's drivers to make sure registry entries and such aren't still remaining - it also totally removes previous drivers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.