Hi,

the computer is ~3-4 years old, so its strange that it could be because of battery dead. How do you think is it possible another thing why it keeps reseting?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

A dead battery is the only thing I can think of that would reset the system clock each time that it is rebooted.

Just because you bought the computer three to four years ago doesn't mean the battery didn't sit around on a shelf waiting to be installed in the computer. Also, there may have been a manufacturing defect in the battery that caused it to lose charge over time.

Don't waste your time wondering why - replace the battery and get on with your computer using happiness! :-)

I hope this helps!

A dead battery is the only thing I can think of that would reset the system clock each time that it is rebooted.

Just because you bought the computer three to four years ago doesn't mean the battery didn't sit around on a shelf waiting to be installed in the computer. Also, there may have been a manufacturing defect in the battery that caused it to lose charge over time.

Don't waste your time wondering why - replace the battery and get on with your computer using happiness! :-)

I hope this helps!

Yep davidchilders is right the only possibility is the battery in my experience.

ok, thanks :)

I sync my clock with NTP (network time protocol) servers on the internet, such as are provided by various governmental services (NIST, etc). That way, even if the clock battery is fubar, my system still keeps proper time.

You need to replace a new battery

You need to replace a new battery

I did that and it works now :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.