Hi i have a Msi K9A2 platinum mother bored an AMD 64 Athlon X2 4.50 Gb or ram and two graphics cards a Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT 1GB and a Nvidia Geforce GT 240 1GB the computer was build by me and i was wondering if i can get the two Graphics cards to work together to boots the speed and proformance of my overall graphics any help would be brilliant just dont slate me for asking thanks XD

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

In short, no you can't.

You can use them both to output to multiple monitors depending on what windows version you have but will not be able to get a performance boost from them. To crossfire graphics cards they must be either identical or atleast have an identical chipset. Even if you could crossfire them you would see no performance boost. All you would see is less speed loss at very high screen fesolutions.

thanks alot just a thought maby you could help me with something else iv just bought a LG bluersy Internal BD-Rom/dvd rewriter CH10 and i cant get windows to recognize it for some reason but the BIOS dose so uno im running windows 7 and its also a SATA dvd drive

Try plugging the BD rom into SATA port1 and your hdd into SATA port2. That works on some systems!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.