I am looking into purchasing a new graphics card for my Notebook, it's a Dell Inspiron E1405. I want one that can at least handle higher end PC games, so I don't have to turn every graphical setting to "low", problem is, the E1405 is an extremely mobile laptop and I am not sure what graphic cards would even fit in my notebook. I am looking into nVidia or ATI (I don't even know i there is another major video card supplier). Can somebody please help me figure out what cards would be compatible and fit inside my notebook? Thanks for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

laptops are hard to upgrade cos of their size. if its designed to be a mobile laptop then u'll have even less space and so it'll be hard to find a graphics card to fit. as u probly know the more powerful cards are larger and require better cooling so u need to be looking at mid range. ATI do some gd smaller cards.

if i were u i would go on ATI and Nvida's websites and have a look there cos its easiest to find reliable specs and sizes there.

hope thats helped

Looking into your laptops specs, you will be unable to upgrade your computers graphics card. Dell only sells that specific model with integrated graphics, and there is no options for other graphics cards. On the otherhand, how do you like that laptop? I was looking to purchase the same one for my girlfriend in a few days.

Looking into your laptops specs, you will be unable to upgrade your computers graphics card. Dell only sells that specific model with integrated graphics, and there is no options for other graphics cards. On the otherhand, how do you like that laptop? I was looking to purchase the same one for my girlfriend in a few days.

I have a few problems running some higher end games occasionally, but other than that I love it. It is small, compact, light, has a nice screen (widescreen), and has surprisingly good built-in speakers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.