Can somebody please help me i recently purchased an ati radeon 9550 graphics card but when i went to install it i found out there was no place for me to put it on my motherboard i have plenty of open pci slots but no agp (ithink thats what its called you know the brown slot )is there any way i can make it work in my emachines t3828

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for nicentral

If you don't have an AGP port, there isn't any way you can get it to work in your computer.

However, you might be able to find a PCI video card that is better than the onboard graphics card that you have. It won't be nearly as good as the AGP card, but you might still see an improvement.

Cheers

Andy

Can somebody please help me i recently purchased an ati radeon 9550 graphics card but when i went to install it i found out there was no place for me to put it on my motherboard i have plenty of open pci slots but no agp (ithink thats what its called you know the brown slot )is there any way i can make it work in my emachines t3828

I can't blve that mobo doesn't have AGP .. but if it doesn't you cant use that card ... or any card .. WORTH ... using for that matter ... get a new mobo.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.