Hi everyone, Here my problem, When I boot up computer windows starts and works for a while then I get blue screen saying a process or thread crucial to system has unexpectly exited or been terminated. Computer restarts but now bios can't find my hard drive. Primary SATA not found. If I turn off main power for a couple of seconds and start back up it finds the sata and boots windows until it happens again. I figure it has to be something with the board or bios. I have a P4 3.0, 1gb kingston ram, 160gb seagate sata hd, Msi mainboard. Any help at all would be great. Thanks alot.

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by bud8jr1973

I checked it on another computer with the exact same board and had the same problem. The hd is only about 2 months old. It seems like it only started happening after I updated some drivers and bios. Thanks

Well, if the problem recurs on another machine, you can be sure the drive is bad. Backup your data and get it replaced (it's still under warranty).

Hello, Ok I put an IDE hd in and windows still suddenly restarts after 5 or 10 mins only no blue screen and bios finds the IDE drive and windows boots up for a few mins. then restarts again. I'm not an expert with drives but why after I shut the main power off and back on does bios recon. the sata. I thought maybe a prob with windows but that should not have anything to do with bios right. This is the first sata I have ever used and I bought it off Ebay so I don't know about a warranty. I have not had it long enough to get alot of stuff that I need to get off so if it is bad I wish it would just quit so I would know for sure. Thanks

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.