JohnG139 0 Newbie Poster

Hi.

This is with my latitude LM P133

The problem started when I fried the motherboard flashing BIOS A06 (from A11).

I got a new MOBO (actually two) and now the system boots up normally, but the LCD shows no characters, however the backlight is on.(It seems a little dim, but I do not know how bright this should be with no data feed from the CPU).
I bought a new LCD on E-Bay, 'guaranteed' not DOA. I had to take apart the bezel, remove the LCD panel, and flex cable so that I could thread the flex cable through the narrow slot in the upper MOBO case, but I was very careful. NO JOY! the problem remained. I had no problem with flex cables or ZIFF connectors with other components. Are these really tricky with the LCD or?? Using an external monitor, I successfully installed my OS, so it seems to me that the problem lies with the LCD, not with the MOBO, screen memory. Is there any other component on the motherboard specifically for the LCD? Are both LCD panels dead? How likely is it that I killed the LCD panel flashing the BIOS?
Since the system is normal with an external monitor, I cannot see any problem with the MOBO (I have tried both motherboards). Both flex cables appear undamaged. Is it likely that the problem is with the inverter? What is the likelihood both of them are shot? Would the inverter become damaged when a motherboard is fried with a bad BIOS flash?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.