I am new here and this site loks to be a great place to keep coming back to. Thanks in advance for your help.

We have a Pavillion 7955 that has been just great but last week on start up it went to a screen were it was giving choices of a couple different types of safe modes or normal mode to choose from. The problem is that no matter what I select it will not go beyond the screen I am looking at.

I have lot of important info in this PC and am hoping it is not lost.

Thank you for your help.

Bryan42:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

You may want to try a Windows XP Repair installation. Use your Windows XP CD to boot up. You'll be asked if you want to do a fresh re-install or a repair installation.

The only disks I have are for the hp system recovery which states on it WinXP, there are 7 disks. any more advise on this?

Thanks!

Member Avatar for Dukane

Have you tried using those disks?

On the 1st disk there should be an option to Repair the current windows installation.

Furthermore if you have a second PC close by you could install the drive as a SLAVE drive and pull your files off that disk and back them up to the other machine. Either way if you do things properly you shouldn't loose your work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.