jabberwock486 0 Junior Poster in Training

if u live in or around western or southern ohio i have a heads up. Only 3 modems are supported for cable internet use in time waner areas, which cover at least 95% of this area. You have no choice at all of what type of modem to use. It does not matter what ISP you may use, it affects you if u live in these areas.
This is a serious problem for a number of people, companies and personal rights.
they have even claimed that all modems, except those they offer, violate FCC regulations. That has to violate some sort of law. I even spoke with timewaner HQ who says they do support 3rd part modems provided they meet the DOCSIS 1.0 standard. A tech at the HQ even got into it with the suppervisor of this area about it.
Best buy carries 4 cable modems and the modem in question is the preferred modem for in store ISP orders. However they are extreamly upset that it can't be used in this area as of now due to the regional supervisor at time waner. i cant even imagine how upset hundreds more are that they cant use what they got.
Honestly i see a scandle on the horrizon for timewaner in this area. I hope the SOB who caused all this mess lands him self a nice cell with bubba, if u know what i mean.
stuff like this shows you just where computers are going in the US, down the drain.
currently i have been getting a petition ready just incase nothing happens to solve this issue. certianly linksys, D-Link, zoom and countless ISP's have to be upset about this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.