I have Windows Vista and it works fine.
One day my internet works but when i wake up the next morning my adapter connects to the router and says it's connected but when i run my browser(mozilla Firefox,Internet explorer)
it says:

The connection was reset
The connection to the server at %address was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
* If you are unable to load any addresses, check the computer's network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
I've tried reinstalling my drivers and reset the adapter and getting new IP settings but nothing works.
I've also tried scaning my system for viruses and stuff using spybot search and destroy,Ad-Aware and norton anti-virus and theres still a problem.

Help plz.I'm on an older computer:(

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

have you tried doing a system restore?
or try booting in safemode and getting on the internet if you can than go to filehippo.com and Download HiJackThis and post a logfile here

have you tried doing a system restore?
or try booting in safemode and getting on the internet if you can than go to filehippo.com and Download HiJackThis and post a logfile here

I've tried system restore but each time i do it says somethin about an error with the system restore when i log back on.
But i haven't tried safe mode yet.
Ill try that and get back to you soon.

have you tried lowering your firewall or customizing it? Oh I also just remembered something about Vista! if you have it as a secure network and you have selected wep you have to use wep-2 or wap for Vista.

Hey , i have 1 question :) , why doesnt my internet work when i connect to a broadband ? i cant go on aNY WEBSITES OR ANYTHING .. PLEASE RESPONSE ;d

Hey , i have 1 question :) , why doesnt my internet work when i connect to a broadband ? i cant go on aNY WEBSITES OR ANYTHING .. PLEASE RESPONSE ;d

This thread is nearly a year old. You need to create your own thread and give much more information than you have given here. Did the computer connect previously using broadband or is this a NEW connection?
What operating system are you using? Are you certain you have a network card in the computer?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.