I'm lost. Everytime I run ad aware/spybot it keeps deleting my internet connection. I do not know what is going on. It is happening on my computer and also on my fiance's computer. Does anyone know how I can fix this or what is going on. Thank you so much for the help in advance. :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

did you do a virus scan? ok download hijackthis from softpedia.com and scan with that(you must close all browser windows and save hijackthis to your hd). when it finishes scanning hit save log save it as a txt file then open it and post the contents in the security forum.

Everytime I run ad aware/spybot it keeps deleting my internet connection.

I assume that you are on a broadband connection. There are several hijackers that manipulate your TCP/IP stack in such a way that removal of the infecting software leaves a gap. Think of it as a chain with a broken link. The fix may lie in a utility called LSPFix (link) which can repair the TCP/IP stack.

I assume that you are on a broadband connection. There are several hijackers that manipulate your TCP/IP stack in such a way that removal of the infecting software leaves a gap. Think of it as a chain with a broken link. The fix may lie in a utility called LSPFix (link) which can repair the TCP/IP stack.

My system is clean, as it usually is, because I've been online since black screens.
After I installed and started Ad-aware AE for the first time, I adjusted some settings. Then after the next bootup and thereafter there's been no internet connection. I tried LSPFIX, which in this case only works once for each reboot. So, for every bootup since, I've had to right-click on my Wireless Internet icon (by the clock) and choose "Repair".

LS-AA-Techies; Have you any idea if this a direct issue with Ad-aware AE or not? Please fess up if you suspect that it is so other techies can help test this for you.

I'm sorry if I'm overly agitated. I spend unlimited hours on my laptop so I need my system to run smoothly with only a little help from me. I thought that I had learned my lesson awhile back about installing new software versions. But, since I have not had any issues with Ad-aware since you were young, I've blown off reading the reviews and forums regularly. Please don't play like MS (and a few others) and burn people for free support. Please advertise and release your products honestly about the state each program is in - and you'll still have plenty of volunteers. We're older (and wiser) and have dealt with thousands of installations. So, this is why some of us don't jump to upgrade and we don't have IE.8, Win7 or WinVista yet.

Respect2Glory
You need to begin your own thread. This thread is 5 years old and honestly much of what is written here is probably way out of date. Please begin your own thread stating all your problems and what you have done thus far to remedy them. Give full info on your computer...os, anti-virus program, firewall, when the problems began, etc.
To answer your original question, no I don't believe this has a thing to do with AdAware AE.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.