Interesting re RKR not wanting to play... did you use IE to download it... M$ is touchy about other browsers accessing some of their services.
Nothing shows in that log as malware. But you do have both Avast and McAfee running as active AV services, and that is a big problem, so please make a choice and remove one immediately. They can interfere unpredictably.
As I said, I do not see anything else bad there, but I am afraid that I am not Vista compatible... so I would have trouble helping further.

alright.. its ok

i cannot uninstall avast

Pinki, another key that can come into play with wallpaper is this one:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
-it is where your wallpaper is referenced; also check the parent key, Desktop. Just look for entries that might deny wallpaper.
Some thirdparty software reg keys may also contain entries that disable wallpaper.

For what it is worth I would bin anything to do with Macafee, totally shred it with privacy guardian then download all the freebies from Comodo, Firewall, AV, and malware, they are the best and they are free. (Why dont our IT journos tell people this, the best of everything is free on the internet, want the bet antispam? "Spambayes")
If that doesn't fix the problem then I would obtain spyware doctor from pctools (they also have top class free firewall and AV) and maybe the Uniblu powersuite. I have all of them and run each regularly.

If the above fail then take a deep breath and go for this:

Click Start-Run and type:

regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

See if the problem is resolved. If not, proceed further:

Is Active Desktop Wallpaper set?
If so you can remove from the registry (for stand-alone systems).

Create a System Restore point, or take a valid registry backup[.

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to these locations one by one:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mic...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pol... Panel\Desktop
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mi...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Po... Panel\Desktop

In the right-pane, delete the following values if they exist:

1. Wallpaper
2. WallpaperStyle

Close Regedit.exe and re-login.

Pinki, another key that can come into play with wallpaper is this one:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
-it is where your wallpaper is referenced; also check the parent key, Desktop. Just look for entries that might deny wallpaper.
Some thirdparty software reg keys may also contain entries that disable wallpaper.

ok here were are:
i'll show you the screen and can you tell me what keys do i need to delete from it?
i've attached the file that shows the screen

For what it is worth I would bin anything to do with Macafee, totally shred it with privacy guardian then download all the freebies from Comodo, Firewall, AV, and malware, they are the best and they are free. (Why dont our IT journos tell people this, the best of everything is free on the internet, want the bet antispam? "Spambayes")
If that doesn't fix the problem then I would obtain spyware doctor from pctools (they also have top class free firewall and AV) and maybe the Uniblu powersuite. I have all of them and run each regularly.

If the above fail then take a deep breath and go for this:

Click Start-Run and type:

regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

See if the problem is resolved. If not, proceed further:

Is Active Desktop Wallpaper set?
If so you can remove from the registry (for stand-alone systems).

Create a System Restore point, or take a valid registry backup[.

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to these locations one by one:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mic...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pol... Panel\Desktop
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mi...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Po... Panel\Desktop

In the right-pane, delete the following values if they exist:

1. Wallpaper
2. WallpaperStyle

Close Regedit.exe and re-login.

what do you mean exactly when you say 'bin anything to do with Macafee' and how do i do it? what's privacy guardian?
and also.. can you please give me the links to download those software like comodo and stuff. thnks ;)

regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll that registration failed to do but the other one worked :P
i could not find those keys in those locations.. anywhere else that could possible have the keys wallpaper and dat so i can remove them?

Nothing in that screenshot to change, pinki, it just lists the wallpaper you are trying to show.

ok. so i dnt need to delete any of those keys shown?

what do you mean exactly when you say 'bin anything to do with Macafee' and how do i do it? what's privacy guardian?
and also.. can you please give me the links to download those software like comodo and stuff. thnks ;)

In my experience Macafee, Norton cause more problems than they fix. I dont believe I am alone and anyway there are MUCH better programs available free.
Another one to avoid is System Mechanic, it caused me a real bunch of problems and actually ruined a mates hard drive, are these isolated incidents?

The best in my opinion but go here http://www.comodo.com/
and get the Free (for life) AV firewall and anti malware
You dont need much else to protect your machine

i downloaded the comodo firewall before but it prevents me from using the internet . the internet is connected but theres no blue icon next to the network

ill download the anti-virus comodo one

so do i run a scan in the anti-malware one and post a log or sth?

what do i need to do now?

HELLO?? anyone there? i still need to solve please help mE pLEASe!!!!!

:):)

Pinki, you never did run Combofix for me... if you have 32bit Vista it will work:
==Download this file to your desktop: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
- to run it dclick combofix.exe and follow the prompts to start it. When finished, it will produce a log, C:\Combofix.txt - post that log in your next reply.
A word of caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs reboot to restore the desktop.

And lemme see these values, please:
==Please copy the text in the box to a notepad [format/wordwrap unchecked] and save as showkey.bat, as type "all files", to your desktop; dclick it to run, then post the file C:\showkey.txt

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}"  >C:\showkey.txt
reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\ {AEB6717E-7E19-11d0-97EE-00C04FD91972}\InProcserver32" >>C:\showkey.txt
reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]" >> C:\showkey.txt
start C:\showkey.txt
pause
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.