I have this spyware on my computer that modifies search engines (such as google and yahoo) so that whenever I click on a link afte rI search something, it opens up a new web browser and redirects me to this random site. Also, this particular spyware prevents me from going to an anti spyware sites..whenever I try, it comes up with the IE page that says theres a internet connection problem or something like that. My antispyware isn't coming up with anything..I really need help for this...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi, welcome to daniweb.
Use the removal programs noted HERE If the instructions say to have the program clean or Remove Selected then please do so.
Ignore the instructions for DSS Scanner and download instead HiJackThis and run a full system scan and save the log.
Post back here with the requested logs
Judy

...unfortunately, the download sites for the programs you've posted are blocked... The spyware as I have mentioned before blocks antispyware sites somehow...

Try using Safe Mode with Networking. This would load only necessary files for operation PLUS the option to go online. Hopefully the nasty stuff won't start up either.

Using the F8 Method

1. Restart your computer.
2. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.