i have this virus in my flash disk, how do i remove this? please help?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Go to Start > Run and type: cmd

* press Ok.
* At the command prompt, type in your primay drive location, usually C:
* You may need to change the directory. If so type: cd \
* Hit Enter.
* Type: attrib -s -h -r -a autorun.inf
* Hit Enter.
* Type: dir
* Hit Enter. This will allow you to see and confirm the Autorun files.
* Type: del autorun.inf
* Hit Enter.
* Repeat the above commands for each drive on your computer including your flash/usb drive.

Now search for and remove sowar.vbs, SysRes.vbs, Cool USEP Scandal.vbs

* At the command prompt, type in your primay drive location, usually C:
* Hit Enter.
* Type: attrib sowar.vbs.* -s -h -r -a
* Hit Enter.
* Type: dir /s sowar.vbs
* Hit Enter.
* If the file is present, type: del sowar.vbs
* Hit Enter.
* Repeat the above commands for each drive on your computer including your flash/usb drive.
* Then repeat these instructions to search for and delete SysRes.vbs, Cool USEP Scandal.vbs on each drive if present.
* Exit the command prompt and reboot normally.

I FOUND THIS ON THE NET.. BUT IT DOESNT HELP. ON MY COMMAND PROMPT IT SAYS FILE NOT FOUND EVEN THOUGH IT IS STILL THERE.. any suggestions?

You have two threads going on this problem, you should keep it all in one to avoid confusion.
That said, you might try this recommendation found HERE

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.

* Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
* The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
* Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
* Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you run it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.