EDIT: its seems that its gone, but for some reason, all the icons on my desktop are glowing in gray. and the top right corner of my background it majorly cut off, so i used a different pic, now its all white. please someone help me

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello bojadada,
We need a whole lot more information than you are giving us.

You say it seems that it's gone

What exactly is gone? What clean up steps did you run to clean it out? We need to see logs from all those programs. We need the exact name and location of the infection itself AND the symptoms the computer showed to you PRIOR to clean up.
Judy

EDIT: its seems that its gone, but for some reason, all the icons on my desktop are glowing in gray. and the top right corner of my background it majorly cut off, so i used a different pic, now its all white. please someone help me

i agree with jholland1964. there must be some part of Micro Av left on your computer and causing the problem. are you sure you've removed everything related to microav? here's micro av removal it contains file names of everything micro av installs. i recommend you searching for these files, maybe some of them are still on board your computer.

i also got another idea. micro av is installed by trojans, maybe you've removed microav but the trojans are still there? do you have some security tools?

I would advise that you follow the steps given HERE, ignoring the use of DSS and substituing instead a scan with HiJackThis AFTER the first removal steps are complete
Judy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.