I got the VIRUS ALERT! malware virus twice out of stupidity.
I had my AVG and Zone Alarm turned off to burn a disc that was having trouble copying. Then bang *!@#$% all hell broke loose.
I could not get to AVG's site to reinstall the newest copy. I could not get to any ANTI-VIRUS like site.
Administrative rights or not I could not install any programs.
I lost my C and D drives (I have two hard drives)
ALL PROGRAMS > was and is still missing from the Start Menu.
All Internet Explorer tried to do is go to WWW.ANTI-VIRUS2009.com
It added VIRUS ALERT! to every line item file in the Windows Explorer
I have all fixed between HiJack v.2.02 and MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE, a little
Registry deleting and TWEAKUI (TweakUI allowed me to turn on my drives so I could see them).
After the Anti-Malware program I was able to get to the Registry
I still can not see the ALL PROGRAMS> in the START MENU. Where in the REGISTRY do we turn it on?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Hi DaniWeb4Jim,
As you said in your thread you have covered the steps noted in Dr. Inferno's link.
I would like to see a HJT log though if you don't mind.

Try this portion of the instructions on the link the Dr gave and see if it works.
Click Start, click Control Panel and then double-click Display. Click on the Desktop tab, then click the Customize Desktop button. Click on the Web tab. Under Web Pages you should see a checked entry called Security info or something similar. If it is there, select that entry and click the Delete button. Click Ok then Apply and Ok.
Judy

You are probably infected with antivirus 2009.

Follow this removal guide on GeekPolice:

http://geekpolice.net/malware-removal-guides-f12/how-to-remove-antivirus-2009-removal-guide-t3138.htm

Hi Dr Inferno:
It was Antivirus2009 and then some. I had to work at it but I fixed it using some of yours and jholland1964's help.
I had to fix somethings turned off in the registry (and it is not the 1st time)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-57989841-152049171-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoStartMenuMorePrograms. I had to change the value to '0' and my ALL PROGRAMS> is back.

Thanks for your info.
DaniWeb4Jim

Hi DaniWeb4Jim,
As you said in your thread you have covered the steps noted in Dr. Inferno's link.
I would like to see a HJT log though if you don't mind.

Try this portion of the instructions on the link the Dr gave and see if it works.
Click Start, click Control Panel and then double-click Display. Click on the Desktop tab, then click the Customize Desktop button. Click on the Web tab. Under Web Pages you should see a checked entry called Security info or something similar. If it is there, select that entry and click the Delete button. Click Ok then Apply and Ok.
Judy

I checked no checked box or any such entry, just My Current Homepage unchecked. I left it unchecked.
Thanks again.

Hi, I need to see that HiJackThis log. Make sure it is a NEW scan and that it is run with the newest version available. You can obtain that newest version HERE
Be sure that you DELETE or Uninstall ALL older versions of HiJackThis from your computer before using this new one.
Judy

Here is the new file.
Thanks,
Jim

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:08:31 PM, on 10/2/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk2008\PD91Agent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\PopupBlocker.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\aAvgApi.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://safesearch.cyberdefender.com/smallsearch.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.myidentitydefender.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - ~CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - ~EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: MyIdentityDefender - {A26503FE-B3B8-4910-A9DC-9CBD25C6B8D6} - C:\Documents and Settings\JIM.JIM-ADM\Local Settings\Application Data\CyberDefender\cdmyidd.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: ContributeBHO Class - {074C1DC5-9320-4A9A-947D-C042949C6216} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\/Adobe Contribute CS3/contributeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: MyIdentityDefender - {A26503FE-B3B8-4910-A9DC-9CBD25C6B8D6} - C:\Documents and Settings\JIM.JIM-ADM\Local Settings\Application Data\CyberDefender\cdmyidd.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - {F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Contribute Toolbar - {517BDDE4-E3A7-4570-B21E-2B52B6139FC7} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\/Adobe Contribute CS3/contributeieplugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - {F0D4B239-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BAB8F6DC-41B1-440F-A066-AAC224906880} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: MyIdentityDefender - {A26503FE-B3B8-4910-A9DC-9CBD25C6B8D6} - C:\Documents and Settings\JIM.JIM-ADM\Local Settings\Application Data\CyberDefender\cdmyidd.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [System Mechanic Popup Blocker] "C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\PopupBlocker.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O8 - Extra context menu item: Append to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1221429925828
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1221799765640
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O21 - SSODL: rwlfsdmk - {E71E7786-4E3A-44FC-8F9A-65C1BDA55679} - (no file)
O21 - SSODL: onfwbsak - {1C2BB42F-D8CB-446F-986D-59E337B0A6FF} - (no file)
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS3 - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS3\Server\bin\VersionCueCS3.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.7.801.1629 (GoogleDesktopManager-010108-205858) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PD91Agent - Raxco Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk2008\PD91Agent.exe
O23 - Service: PD91Engine - Raxco Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk2008\PD91Engine.exe
O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
--
End of file - 12491 bytes

HOLY COW Jim! I don't honestly know how you are even able to surf at all!
Well, this log presents an entirely different picture than we have seen before.
I notice several things that really should go.
First of all I see Cyber Defender. This program at one time was listed as a Rogue anti-virus/anti-spy process because of it's false positives and the fact when something was found you would be prompted to download another pay for application for removal of these items. In checking recent reviews it still doesn't get good reviews, plus now it also adds the Ask.com site to search the web. Ask.com "may be"ok for searches, I don't use it myself, but by having this added by a program without your permission this is considered foist wear.
Second item I see is the ZoneAlarm SpyBlocker, included with the Zone Alarm Firewall which ALSO adds the Ask.com site, foist wear again.
I also see System Mechanic Popup Blocker with also says it is part of System Mechanic Pro v.6
The pro version of this program also includes an anti-virus program, a firewall some anti-spy portions and a registry cleaner.
EVERYTHING ABOVE THIS LINE NEEDS TO BE UNINSTALLED IMMEDIATELY
Besides all those I also see, running on the computer, AVG 8, an anti-virus program and also AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic another anti-virus program
So....I see at least portions of 4 antivirus programs running on the computer!
I see at least 2 firewalls running on the computer and I don't know if you still have the Windows built in firewall enabled or not since that won't show in a HJT log but if you do that means 3 firewalls!
I see the possiblility at least of 5 pop-up blockers running on the computer because in addition to the two I note above IE7, Firefox and google toolbar ALL have pop-up blockers and those three all work just fine there really is no reason to add others.

There ARE also indications of malware showing in the log including 2 instances of VideoAccessCodec adware as indicated by the two O21 entries in the log.
O21 entries note files being loaded through the ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad registry key.
These files are therefore loaded early in the startup process before any human intervention occurs. If you do see a listing for this, then it is not a standard one and should be considered suspicious. This doesn't mean that this is the only malware on the computer either, these are ones which obviously show in the log.

First thing you need to do is UNINSTALL ALL the extra antivirus programs except for ONE.
You choose which one to keep...EITHER AVG8 or ANTIVIR both are fine but KEEP ONLY ONE OF THEM...the rest ABSOLUTELY have to go. The same goes for those extra firewalls, and for right now, including that Zone Alarm which is a legitimate program but that pop-up blocker isn't needed so for now uninstall both firewalls and enable the built in Windows Firewall...AFTER you Uninstall the other two. The ABSOLUTE RULE is ONE antivirus program and ONE firewall on a computer. You have to get all those rogue applications and poorly reviewed applications and extra anti-virus and firewalls off there FIRST because they all can interfere with any fixes attempted.

I would like you to use HiJackThis to generate and Uninstall list and post it back here.
To access this portion of the program do the following;
1. Start HijackThis
2. Click on the Config button
3. Click on the Misc Tools button
4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
Click on the Save list and save it as a .txt file to your desktop. Then copy/paste it back here so I can take a look and see everything listed to be certain there are not other items which need to be removed too.
Judy

Great review I am learning a lot. I have removed the ones you mention and will get the file to you. I really owe you a big one. I tried everything to get rid of the virus/malware and just found this site so now I know I can remove the unnecessary ones. Iwas told by my techie friend from our ITHelp desk that AVG and AIR can work together well. I will stop them from loading together but I could not load AVG when I had the VIRUS ALERT! malware and hope I don't need it but maybe it will work when AVG falls.
I use REGCURE and can manage MSCONG so I will disable it.
Thanks again.
JIm

Judy:
I see ZONE ALARM and WINDOWS FIREWALL is turned off. Does it mention what the other one is?
Jim

Hi Judy:

Here are the results of both HiJACK files you asked for.
AntiVir is not loaded in the system tray but still shows in the report.
I will leave it for now and see how it is running but the System Mechanic pop-up blocker is off and
Zone Alarms is removed.
I Only have Zone Alarm Firewall Basic.
Windows Firewall is OFF.

Scan saved at 9:00:02 AM, on 10/3/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.myidentitydefender.com/smallsearch.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: ContributeBHO Class - {074C1DC5-9320-4A9A-947D-C042949C6216} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\/Adobe Contribute CS3/contributeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Contribute Toolbar - {517BDDE4-E3A7-4570-B21E-2B52B6139FC7} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\/Adobe Contribute CS3/contributeieplugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Append to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1221429925828
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1221799765640
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS3 - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS3\Server\bin\VersionCueCS3.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.7.801.1629 (GoogleDesktopManager-010108-205858) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PD91Agent - Raxco Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk2008\PD91Agent.exe
O23 - Service: PD91Engine - Raxco Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk2008\PD91Engine.exe
O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
--
End of file - 11144 bytes

HiJACK v.2.02 UNINSTALL LIST

7-Zip 4.57
ABBYY FineReader OCR Engine for Microtek
Ad-Aware
Add or Remove Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection
Adobe Acrobat and Reader 8.1.2 Security Update 1 (KB403742)
Adobe After Effects CS3
Adobe After Effects CS3 Presets
Adobe Anchor Service CS3
Adobe Asset Services CS3
Adobe Bridge CS3
Adobe Bridge Start Meeting
Adobe BridgeTalk Plugin CS3
Adobe Camera Raw 4.0
Adobe CMaps
Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific
Adobe Color Common Settings
Adobe Color Common Settings
Adobe Color EU Extra Settings
Adobe Color JA Extra Settings
Adobe Color NA Recommended Settings
Adobe Contribute CS3
Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection
Adobe Default Language CS3
Adobe Device Central CS3
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
Adobe Encore CS3
Adobe Encore CS3 Codecs
Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit 2
Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit 2
Adobe Extension Manager CS3
Adobe Fireworks CS3
Adobe Flash CS3
Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Adobe Flash Video Encoder
Adobe Fonts All
Adobe Help Viewer CS3
Adobe Illustrator CS3
Adobe InDesign CS3
Adobe InDesign CS3 Icon Handler
Adobe Linguistics CS3
Adobe MotionPicture Color Files
Adobe PageMaker 7.0
Adobe PDF Library Files
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 Functional Content
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 Third Party Content
Adobe Setup
Adobe Setup
Adobe Setup
Adobe SING CS3
Adobe Soundbooth CS3
Adobe Soundbooth CS3 Codecs
Adobe Stock Photos CS3
Adobe Type Manager 4.1
Adobe Type Support
Adobe Update Manager CS3
Adobe Version Cue CS3 Client
Adobe Version Cue CS3 Server {ko_KR}
Adobe Video Profiles
Adobe WAS CS3
Adobe WinSoft Linguistics Plugin
Adobe XMP DVA Panels CS3
Adobe XMP Panels CS3
AHV content for Acrobat and Flash
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
AVG Free 8.0
Bonjour
CCleaner (remove only)
COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.12.16
DVDFab (Platinum/Gold/HD Decrypter) (Option: Mobile) 5.0.9.0
EasyCleaner
Eusing Free Registry Cleaner
Google Desktop
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)
Intel Audio Studio
Intel(R) 537EP Modem
Intel(R) Active Monitor
Intel(R) Integrator Toolkit
InterVideo WinDVD 8
iolo technologies' System Mechanic Professional 6
iTunes
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
L&H Simply Translating Deluxe 3.5
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Mozilla Firefox (3.0.2)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
Nero 8
neroxml
NVIDIA Drivers
Orca
Pagis File Converter
palmOne
PaperPort 9.0
PDF Settings
PerfectDisk 2008 Professional
QuickTime
RegCure 1.5.0.1
Registry Mechanic 5.1
ScanWizard 5
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127-v2)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB953838)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923789)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953838)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953839)
SoundMAX
Spybot - Search & Destroy
StompSoft Registry Repair
Tune Tools
Tune Tools for iPod Multimedia Edition
Tweak UI
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB951072-v2)
Update for Windows XP (KB951978)
VCRedistSetup
Vuze
Windows Defender
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows XP Service Pack 3
WinRAR archiver
WinZip 11.2
Yahoo! Toolbar
ZoneAlarm

THANKS FOR THE HELP.
I OWE YOU ONE.Jim

Judy:
I see ZONE ALARM and WINDOWS FIREWALL is turned off. Does it mention what the other one is?
Jim

System Mechanic also has a firewall and an antivirus program with it.
I am going through the Uninstall list and will get back with you after I research some of these listings.

Ok Jim, here is what I think. First of all Antivir IS starting as a service on the computer as are portions of AVG8...BAD idea. You absolutely MUST make a decision on which one you are going to use, AVG 8 or Antivir, you just should not run two real tune monitoring av's at the same time.

When you install most anti-virus programs they often automatically install and enable their real-time monitors.
Now you have attempted to turn off Antivir but as you see, one place you didn't turn it off was Services. Services are programs that are loaded automatically by Windows on startup. These services are loaded regardless of whether or not a user logs on to the the computer and tend to be used to handle system wide tasks such as Windows operating system features, antivirus software, or application servers.

Running two or more real-time anti-virus monitors at the same time is very likely to cause a conflict. That conflict could result in error messages, crashes of the anti-virus programs, or other types of failure....one being allowing infection into a computer. I have seen it happen time and time again. They conflict with each other and then miss something coming into the computer.
It is ok to have more than one anti-virus program installed, and it makes sense to run a scan using a different program from time to time, but you must make sure you only have one real-time monitor enabled at a time.
The simplest way to do this is to rely on a single, good anti-virus program INSTALLED and make sure that its database of known viruses is continually being updated and then use one of the excellent ONLINE anti-virus scanners once a week to do a double check.
There is NO anti-virus program on the market that could protect against every single invader, it would be too cumbersome for the computer to handle. But having two on there will probably give you less protection really, not more. Some of their databases will cover the exact same things, overkill for sure. Then one may protect and remove one type of infection while the other will have protection for something else. Sounds good, but because of that "overkill" factor neither program will do the exact job you expect it to do.
That said, UNINSTALL one of those. Either one is very good. If you like AVG 8 then keep it and Uninstall Antivir.
Now, a comment on your actual infection, Antivirus 2009, this is NOT a virus so no matter what anti-virus program you have it would NOT have stopped it from entering your computer. It was brand new this past June. It isn't a virus really it has the characteristics of a trojan and most anti-virus programs will not remove it. The best program for it's removal is MBA-M, which lists it as a trojan. Why a trojan and not a virus? Because a virus spreads itself by various means without the user's knowledge...email is one of the most common ways for sure. A trojan is most generally installed unwittingly by the user because as you said in your first post

I had my AVG and Zone Alarm turned off to burn a disc that was having trouble copying

Probably wasn't so much the AVG being turned off but the firewall. Though I cannot say absolutely. The rule is really, IF you are doing something that requires the turn off of the AV program and the firewall then disconnect from the internet when doing so. Only exception would be an online AV scan because many require this but there is protection because the online scanner is working on the computer. A Trojan meets the definition of virus because it attempts to infiltrate a computer without the user’s knowledge or consent but that is where the similarities end. BUT it very often comes onto the computer because you have clicked a link for something, which you shouldn't have, or visited a web page that you shouldn't have and have nothing to tell you that "something" is trying to get in here because you either don't have a firewall or in your case, have it turned off. I have no idea what type of disk you were attempting to burn but the fact that you had to turn off your AV program and firewall in order to do it really should have been a clue that something just wasn't quite right. Anti-virus programs offer "some" protection against trojans but they really are concentrated on viruses and worms with minimal protection against trojans. Plus, as you have found, a trojan is created to do distruction to the computer, sometimes key system files, protection programs and sometimes set up communication between your computer and a remote location in order to either steal all your important info or as a conduit to other places on the net.
You said your AVG ceased to work when this thing came in so you installed Antivir and it seemed to work when you installed it. I guarantee it too probably would have stopped working too, the infection just hadn't "gotten to it" yet.
Enough said on that issue. Next: Registry cleaners. You Uninstall list shows no fewer than SEVEN installed on the computer;
CCleaner
COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.12.16
iolo technologies' System Mechanic Professional 6
PerfectDisk 2008 Professional
RegCure 1.5.0.1
Registry Mechanic 5.1
StompSoft Registry Repair
Honestly? That is probably 5 too many for me. Now you said you know how to use regedit, then personally I feel that is the way you should be going.
MAYBE CCleaner or RegCure or another good one, RegCleaner, all free. I guess, but certainly NOT all those others and frankly no more than one really.
I have followed the advice of a fellow on another forum where I have posted for quite a few years. He is VERY knowledgable and I have always trusted his advice and information on many, many computer related items.
He has always said that orphans and duplicates are all harmless and will not be negatively impacting on the performance of your system. Were registry cleaning *really* able to improve performance, the developers of these utilities would support their marketing claims with some form of empirical evidence (performance prior to cleaning -vs- performance post cleaning). Do they really show proof of this? No, and that's because registry cleaning does *not* improve perforance. Programs such as SpywareBlaster dump 1000's of entries into the registry without causing any decrease in performance. Also, registries hold a lot more today(bigger hard disks = more programs installed/data stored = more registry entries) has not resulted in systems slowing down.

The best way to deal with (possibly) registry-related issues is is to throughly research the problem and then use regedit to make any necessary changes and/or deletions (having first set a restore point or created a backup) AND knowing exactly what you are doing.

Hi Judy,
Mostly good advice, as usual. I turned off Anti-Vir. I was told I could use the two by a Senior ITHelpdesk Specialist who has his own business after hours like I do. He said that Anti-Vir can run with other Antivirus programs, especially AVG 8. He was the one who turned me on to it with my friend who owns FRANKLIN COMPUTERS PLUS on Hempstead Turnpike in Franklin Square, NY.
I found all of the registry programs fun, but also one does clean more than others. I found more performance. I have them installed but not turned on only when I want to use them.
I am trying to find my best one REGCURE is rated as the best but COMODO finds more...
What to do ...What to do??? So, I leave them on.
I have 14 but not all loaded, now. I had a problem that one of them fixed. I don't know which but, when it happens again, I will check it out.
I have been doing this since 1989 and making my own PCs since at least 1993.
I never had a malware or even a real virus until now, so more protection had not hurt. I know the 'only use one virus program rule'. I always try to try things, so I find out my own way.
I think I did most of what you suggested and will continue to watch this website because it has many good bits of info with very good, caring and special people. you are one.
I learned a lot and had fun. Nice tallking and working this problem out with you.
Thanks again,
Jim

Happy to help Jim. I will do some research on the Antivir working ok with other AV's
Though wonder, IT may work ok but what about the other AV?
If you feel all is corrected then you can mark this as solved.
Judy

Happy to help Jim. I will do some research on the Antivir working ok with other AV's
Though wonder, IT may work ok but what about the other AV?
If you feel all is corrected then you can mark this as solved.
Judy

P.S. sorry, two more fixes needed with HJT.:icon_redface:

Put check marks next to these and then click the Fix Checked Button and exit HJT.
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.myidentitydefender.com/smallsearch.html

Hi Judy
Here is my last log. I say it is fixed. No more problems related to that one.
How do I mark it solved. I will try but I don't see that link????
JIm

Scan saved at 1:03:02 PM, on 10/5/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL,avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe

--
End of file - 10946 bytes

Judy:
MARK SOLVED I found the link.
Thanks again, Jim

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.