OS: Windows Home Edition SP2
Suddenlink Cable Modem (USB Cable Modem 315000)
A few days ago, my internet started disconnecting. It happened for a few seconds the first time, then a little longer the 2nd, then the last time for about 1 minute. All within a minute or so of each other. Things went smoothly for a few days, then my internet went out for about 3 days. I tried everything I could possibly think of to fix it. By the way, when the internet would go out, the signal on the modem would be fine. Though on the 3rd day, the signal started going out then coming back on.
Well, at around 12:30am on the 3rd night, it started working again. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the cable line, because it has been raining or what.. but uhm.. yeah
Now it's messing up again (it has been raining). It tried to go out earlier when it first started raining. But when I restart the computer, it starts working fine. So if it is the line, then why would restarting the computer make it work fine?
Which it has just went out around 3-4 times, but when I restart computer, it's working fine again for about a minute, then it goes back out.
This last time I restarted, it has stayed on. And right now I'm running a virus scan on Trend Micro.
Does anyone know what this could be? The signal stays when it goes out. Except on that 3rd day the first time it went out, the signal started dropping like something is wrong with the ISP. But every other time it messed up or goes out, the signal stays. And if it is the ISP, or my cable line, why would restarting it make it work again?
(btw, when it went out the first time, I restored my system to a week prior before the disconnections and that didn't fix it. Just thought I might add that.)
Oh, and I also tried fixing it by plugging up a different modem that I had. It was still messed up, and the new modem was getting a perfect signal. Though when I go to status on my networks, it's saying the signal isn't fine and I'm actually receiving no signal.
I thought for sure it has something to do with either my line, or the ISP. But why would it work fine after restarting, then go back out, then restart-fine, out, restart-fine, out, and now its fine.
Sorry, I'm just a little frustraighted lol. I usually don't come across a problem I can't fix.
Thanks for reading,