I got rid of AOL which had a free scanner with it so now i need to replace it. Can someone give me the link to a completely free spyware and virus scanner and removal program? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I got rid of AOL which had a free scanner with it so now i need to replace it. Can someone give me the link to a completely free spyware and virus scanner and removal program? Thanks

The very best there is for spyware, malware, hijacker and trojan removal today is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It has updates at least every two days, sometimes more often than that. It's removal ability right now is, at least I feel, is second to none.
Another continuing good one to add is Spybot Search & Destroy, just DON'T use the TeaTimer portion.
As for anti-virus programs there are several very good free ones out there that many of us here use;
Antivir, Avast, AVG8 just to name 3.
Another MUST HAVE program is SpywareBlaster. It too is FREE and a plus...it doesn't run all the time in the background but protects against spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers. I would not run a computer without it.

+ 1 to Malwarebytes'
+ 1 to AVG

I recommend both of those, and Malwarebytes' will do a lot!

AVG is killing windows installs at tghe minute dont use it right now, theres a bug where it identifies critical system files as infected wrongly.

AVG is killing windows installs at tghe minute dont use it right now, theres a bug where it identifies critical system files as infected wrongly.

Yes that is correct, but that is XP only.....

still it doesnt give a good impression

still it doesnt give a good impression

Yeah, i would edit my post, but i can't :( :@

you cant after 30 mins, only i can then.

you cant after 30 mins, only i can then.

OH, well that sucks, can you pls change it from AVG to Avast

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.