Hey, I'm a new member here and I'm wondering if any of you computer whizzes could lend me a hand. My computer seems to have been bogged down with viruses lately and just recently I've not been able to get any various different folders and programs. The internet works and things likk MSN and Window Media Player are working but my Windows Explorer folders, my computer and my documents are not working. Even if this is the end of my computer, I really need to get into one folder and get all my music and course work out before it goes down.

If this is in the wrong section, then please move it to the right one and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

go on over to the Security section of this fourm and post you problem along with a hijackthis log .
Spyware & Trojans and Other Nasties
Please Don't post the hijackthis log in this section Thanks .

Please do this.
Download 'Hijack This!'. HijackThis
Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

Or HERE if that link fails to work or you don't have a zip program installed .

Your copy of HijackThis needs to be in a folder of it's own. When HJT fixes anything, it makes backups of the original files in the folder it is in. Since Temporary folders are emptied now and then (the files are DELETED), it would not be a good idea to have your backups there. Those backups would be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

1. Please go to you're 'My Documents' folder, right-click and select 'New > Folder' then name the folder 'HJT'.

2. Copy and paste HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

3. Close ALL windows except HJT

4. SCAN with HJT

5. POST the new log in this thread using 'Add Reply'

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO YOUR COMPUTER'S HEALTH

also be fore you post you log in the other section do the following ,'
,,,,,,,,,,To remove trojans there is a tool which needs to be downloaded and run.

1. Please download Stinger and save it to your desktop

2. Double-click on the stinger.exe file and open the tool

3. Choose your entire hard drive to scan.

4. Choose Scan Now

5. Stinger will fix anything that it finds

6. Click the File menu and select Save report to file

7. Post the log file results here in this thread.

STINGER

Please delete your temporary files by deleting all files and folders that are in those folders (do not delete the temp folder itself) like for example
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\
C:\Temp\
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\
Also delete your Temporary Internet Files, be sure to also select delete all offline content.

Do a virus scan Please do an online scan, 2 would be better,

Micro World http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp
Trend Micro http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Make sure that you choose "fix" or "clean".

No need to start a new thread, I'll move this one there now...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.