My usb just have recycler, and whenever recycler comes back, i dont even try to touch it, but my friend accidentally click recycler even though he knows that it is a virus, and he proudly says that it doesnt work out on Mac.

and the disadvantage for me is that all my files has been corrupted by Recycler... i hope there would still be ways on retrieving the files, even though the computer say that my usb is not formatted...

i have some back-up files of the older files, but i dont have for the new files..

i hope i can still retrieve it if anyone of you guys knew something...

help please....:'(

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hmmm.... would begin by hopping onto said Mactards machine and dragging system files into "Trash".... and then emptying said Trash. You can then proudly respond with "that wouldn't happen on Windows" :D

As to the recovery of files on the USB drive, you might be pushing it.... thus the reason to ALWAYS back-up your files, and NOT to a flash-drive. If files were stored on a hard-drive (either system or external), would have a MUCH greater chance of repair. Flash-drives (utilising FAT or FAT32 file system) is just to fragile to use to back-up crucial data... if flash-drive becomes corrupted, your files are toast!

BTW, if you knew you had a malware issue, why didn't you do something about it instead of leaving it??

btw... all this virus infection thingie just happened in just a day... while i inserted my usb on my friends laptop, which is a mac, the recycler comes up, then first, i didnt touch it knowing it would make things worst, then suddenly, my friend just clicked the virus accidentally, thats how it happened...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.