I too have been infected with Windows Police Pro. I have read some of the other threads pertaining to this problem and have been able to stop most of the popups and delete some of the malicious content. However, I do not have MBA-M on my computer and every time I go online to download it I get a pop-up from WPP and it locks up IE. How am I supposed to get control of IE to DL this program?

My OS is XP. What I have done so far is delete it from task manager, as well as the program files. I ran SuperAntiSpyware since that is what I had on my comp already.

Now what? Please help

I ran SuperAntiSpyware since that is what I had on my comp already.
Now what? Please help

This WPP has so many different variations that it is difficult to pin down. Plus, it tends to leave your system very unstable.
Honestly, the best thing to do is Reformat and Re-install Windows.

However, if you would like to try to clean it, please do the following:
--- Post the log from SAS, if you have it.

--- Also, please download FindWPP.zip and Extract the FindWPP folder to your desktop.
-- Inside the folder, you'll see RunThis.bat - DoubleClick it and let it run for as long as it takes.
A log should pop up - please post that for me.

I am a bit overextended these days - will check back as time permits.

PP:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.