i been meaning to make this post but i been busy with work.

i got a virus called police pro i guess. when i go to task manager i remove it or whatever so it stops popping up, you know.

i try to open my anti virus thing but instead an error thing pops up which is the desote.exe or something like that.

how do i remove this? i might just format my comp if i cant figure it out because its very annoying.

(also a side question)
when i format my comp... it starts my comp over back to when i bought it? or does it delete everything to where i cant even turn it on and stuff... i honestly dont know.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Hi there.. well we can try to remove it first..:)
And just to answer your "Side question".. Whenever you format the computer it goes back to the factory default settings.. So it is like brand new computer...

Try this first....

1. Download the software Malware bytes antimalware from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
& run to scan & remove the infected files & inform me what happens..:)

the desote.exe blocks me opening any anti virus =/

the desote.exe blocks me opening any anti virus =/

For the life of me, I do not know why people don't read the threads before they reply.... :)

Please do this first:
Download FindIt.zip and Extract the FindIt folder to your desktop.
-- Inside the folder, you'll see RunThis.bat - DoubleClick it and let it run. (10-20 seconds)
A log should pop up - please post that for me. And, we'll go from there...

PP :)

this poped up,some black screen with words on it... called...

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE

and somthing on note pad that said....
"iseeyou" as the tittle

Looking for cngaudit.dll

Looking for eventlog.dll

Looking for logevent.dll

Looking for netlogon.dll

Looking for scecli.dll

this poped up,some black screen with words on it... called...

You need to Extract the FindIt folder from the ZIP to your desktop or it won't work properly.

RightClick on FindIt.zip and select Extract All and extract it to the desktop.

Let me know if you run into problems.

ok i did that, then this poped up...

ERROR
"C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe"C:\documents and settings\tinyart49\my documents\downloads\findit

when i click ok it pops up 2 more times on the error mesg

ok i did that, then this poped up...

Let's try this:
Please Download Win32kDiag from a linky below and save it to your Desktop.
http://ad13.geekstogo.com/Win32kDiag.exe
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/rootrepeal/Win32kDiag.exe

-- DoubleClick on Win32kDiag.exe to run it. Let it run for as long as it needs to.
-- When it says Finished – Press any key to exit, do that to exit the program.
-- You should now have a Win32kDiag.txt on your Desktop. Please post the entire log for me and we’ll go from there.

yea that did not work either... i get the same error msg... just with the win32diag at the end of it...

yea that did not work either... i get the same error msg... just with the win32diag at the end of it...

Try renaming it to Win32kDiag.com and see if it will run.

Are you able to get a command prompt?
START > RUN > type cmd ENTER
or
START > RUN > type command.com ENTER

Let me know.

i did the run > enter

a window black window poped up...
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

i did the run > enter

a window black window poped up...
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

Ok - Try this:
Be sure that Win32kDiag.exe is on your Desktop
Get a command prompt like before by clicking Start > Run > type cmd OK
Then type or Copy&Paste "%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" and hit Enter. It should say "searching windows..."
Let it run until it finishes.
If it runs please post the log (Win32kDiag.txt) - you'll find this on the Desktop.

Let's try this:
Please Download Win32kDiag from a linky below and save it to your Desktop.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/rootrepeal/Win32kDiag

• DoubleClick on Win32kDiag.exe to run it. Let it run for as long as it needs to.
  • When it says "Finished – Press any key to exit", do that to exit the program.
  • You should now have a Win32kDiag.txt on your Desktop. Please post the entire log for me and we’ll go from there.

just noticed i did have it on my desktop lol.... i think...

Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\tinyart49\Desktop\Win32kDiag.txt

WARNING: Could not get backup privileges!

Searching 'C:\WINDOWS'...

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB894391\KB894391

Mount point destination : \Device\__max++>\^

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB902400\KB902400

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB913580\KB913580

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB918899\KB918899

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB920213\KB920213

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB922760\KB922760

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB924496\KB924496

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB929338\KB929338

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB931784\KB931784

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB932168\KB932168

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB933729\KB933729

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB941568\KB941568

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB943460\KB943460

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB956844\KB956844

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP3D9.tmp\ZAP3D9.tmp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP3F2.tmp\ZAP3F2.tmp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP45C.tmp\ZAP45C.tmp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP6B8.tmp\ZAP6B8.tmp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\temp\temp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\tmp\tmp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\Config\Config

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\Connection Wizard\Connection Wizard

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\ehome\Downloads\Downloads

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB944533-IE7\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB944653\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB945553\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB946026\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:20:44 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB946648\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:56 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB947864-IE7\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB948590\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:56 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB948881\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB950749\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:56 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB950759-IE7\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB950760\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB950762\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:18 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB950974\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-12-03 10:25:31 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB951066\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB951072-v2\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB951376\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB951376-v2\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB951698\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:18 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB951748\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:18 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB952004\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB952287\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB952954\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:56 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB953838-IE7\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB953839\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-09 02:38:29 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB954211\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB954600\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB955069\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB955839\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB956390-IE7\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB956391\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-09 02:38:29 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB956572\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-09 02:38:29 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB956802\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB956803\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB956841\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB957095\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-08 08:02:04 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB957097\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB958470\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB958644\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB958687\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:18 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB959426\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB960225\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-11-15 12:18:04 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB960714-IE8\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:22 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB960803\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2009-05-26 06:40:52 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB960859\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 06:18:51 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB961118\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-08 08:02:04 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB961260-IE8\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2009-05-26 06:40:52 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB961371\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-09 02:38:29 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB961501\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-09 02:38:29 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB967715\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-09 02:38:29 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB968537\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-11-30 07:39:18 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB970238\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-03-05 20:22:59 716000 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB971032\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2009-05-26 06:40:52 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB971557\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-09 02:38:29 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB971633\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2009-05-26 06:40:52 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB971657\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-08 08:02:04 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB973346\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2009-05-26 06:40:52 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB973354\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2009-05-26 06:40:52 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB973507\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2009-05-26 06:40:52 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB973815\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-08 08:02:04 755576 C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB973869\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2005-10-20 20:56:16 798720 C:\WINDOWS\ehome\Update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2005-10-12 18:12:28 716000 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\0facce6115ab861022eae3087e064a2a\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2007-07-27 10:41:48 755576 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\1d5cae1db1c525dbb30a9177294f0dcc\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2005-10-12 18:12:29 716000 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\355f788b6de8a3ec79e9aa172e6317f1\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-05-06 16:16:26 755576 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\519039965b9b1c75e6fe81698d853607\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-07-08 08:02:04 755576 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\c263092dccc247f68a43cfee93ecc72d\update\update.exe ()

[1] 2007-08-10 20:46:20 755576 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\update\update.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\backup\asms\10\policy\policy

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\backup\asms\51\msft\msft

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\backup\asms\51\policy\msft\msft

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\backup\asms\52\msft\msft

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\backup\asms\52\policy\msft\msft

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\backup\asms\60\msft\msft

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\backup\asms\70\70

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\backup\root\root

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\Deployment\Deployment

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\SxsCaPendDel\SxsCaPendDel

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\1025\1025

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\1028\1028

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\1031\1031

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\1037\1037

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\1041\1041

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\1042\1042

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\1054\1054

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\2052\2052

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\3076\3076

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\3com_dmi\3com_dmi

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\appmgmt\MACHINE\MACHINE

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\appmgmt\S-1-5-21-1647702081-114241540-2848588862-1005\S-1-5-21-1647702081-114241540-2848588862-1005

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\appmgmt\S-1-5-21-4028359202-722901303-932418291-500\S-1-5-21-4028359202-722901303-932418291-500

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot_bak\CatRoot_bak

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache\5M3U6HZZ\5M3U6HZZ

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Identities\{82AF6B8B-A75F-4A75-B545-84CB97B05C09}\{82AF6B8B-A75F-4A75-B545-84CB97B05C09}

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\BN93NVWU\as1.suitesmart.com\_f5e.swf\_f5e.swf

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials\Credentials

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\RSA

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\eHome

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\production\production

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData\9YF5MT22\9YF5MT22

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData\AGHJJHMP\AGHJJHMP

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData\XXLB5FIR\XXLB5FIR

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\Media Player

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\MMC\MMC

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\Certificates\Certificates

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\CRLs\CRLs

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\CTLs\CTLs

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\MySpace\Toolbar\temp\temp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\0\0

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\1\1

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\10\10

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\11\11

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\12\12

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\13\13

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\14\14

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\15\15

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\16\16

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\17\17

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\18\18

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\19\19

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\2\2

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\20\20

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\21\21

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\22\22

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\23\23

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\24\24

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\25\25

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\26\26

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\27\27

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\28\28

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\29\29

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\3\3

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\30\30

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\31\31

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\32\32

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\33\33

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\34\34

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\35\35

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\36\36

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\37\37

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\38\38

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\39\39

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\4\4

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\40\40

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\41\41

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\42\42

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\43\43

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\44\44

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\45\45

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\46\46

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\47\47

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\48\48

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\49\49

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\5\5

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\50\50

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\51

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\52\52

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\53\53

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\54\54

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\55\55

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\56\56

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\57\57

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\58\58

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\59\59

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\6\6

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\60\60

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\61\61

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\62\62

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\63\63

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\7\7

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\8\8

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\9\9

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\host\host

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\muffin\muffin

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\tmp\tmp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\ext\ext

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\log\log

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\security\security

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\toshiba\pcdiag\v3.0\Logs\Logs

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\You've Got Pictures Screensaver\PictureDir\PictureDir

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Desktop\cf58b0c02d42\cf58b0c02d42

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\CD Burning

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials\Credentials

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds\{5588ACFD-6436-411B-A5CE-666AE6A92D3D}~\WebFilters~\WebFilters~

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\D44C7RT2\D44C7RT2

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\UEAUY3MR\UEAUY3MR

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\Y6FIMCRG\Y6FIMCRG

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\Transcoded Files Cache\Transcoded Files Cache

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\OFFICE

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Wildtangent\Cdacache\Cdacache

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Yahoo\YMP\YMP

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Sqm\Sqm

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\My Documents\My Music\My Yahoo! Music\My Yahoo! Music

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\NetHood\NetHood

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\PrintHood\PrintHood

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\WINDOWS\system\system

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\dhcp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\Driver Cache\Driver Cache

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\disdn\disdn

Cannot access: C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventlog.dll

[1] 2008-04-13 19:11:53 56320 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\eventlog.dll (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2004-08-10 07:00:00 61952 C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventlog.dll ()

[2] 2004-08-10 07:00:00 55808 C:\WINDOWS\system32\logevent.dll (Microsoft Corporation)

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\export\export

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\FxsTmp\FxsTmp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\User\User

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetsrv

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\Lang\Lang

Cannot access: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MRT.exe

[1] 2009-08-28 16:38:20 24689600 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MRT.exe ()

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\mui\dispspec\dispspec

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\html\ispsgnup\ispsgnup

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\html\oemcust\oemcust

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\html\oemhw\oemhw

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\sample\sample

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShellExt\ShellExt

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\PRINTERS

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\mof\bad\bad

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\mof\good\good

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\snmp\snmp

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\wins

Found mount point       : C:\WINDOWS\system32\xircom\xircom

Cannot access: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\9823083a-b7f8-4bcf-aa3e-47526e551cc3.tmp

[1] 2009-06-15 09:22:05 0 C:\WINDOWS\Temp\9823083a-b7f8-4bcf-aa3e-47526e551cc3.tmp ()

Cannot access: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\accd5b53-3714-4fdd-a467-4bc78b8ccea6.tmp

[1] 2009-06-15 09:21:56 0 C:\WINDOWS\Temp\accd5b53-3714-4fdd-a467-4bc78b8ccea6.tmp ()

Cannot access: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Cookies

holy cows thats a lot! oh yea, i copy and paster that thing on run >run> cmd. got this back...

'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

No worries on the error message - just follow the steps below carefully and let me know how it shakes out.

Ok - Great . . . . Now the tricky part:

Please Download The Avenger v2 by Swandog46
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/avenger.zip

-- Extract Avenger.exe from the ZIP to your Desktop - You have to extract this tool - do not run from the zip!
If you need a tool to Extract Avenger from the ZIP, try 7Zip

Once Avenger has been extracted to the Desktop:
-- Highlight the complete text in Red below and copy it using Ctrl+C or RightClick > Copy:

Files to move:
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\eventlog.dll | C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eventlog.dll

-- Now, DoubleClick avenger.exe on your desktop to run it
-- Read the Warning Prompt and press OK
-- Paste the script you just copied into the textbox, using Ctrl+V or RightClick > Paste
-- Press Execute
-- Answer YES to the confirmation prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
In some cases, The Avenger will reboot your machine a second time. No worries.
-- After reboot, The Avenger should open a log – please post that for me.

NEXT:

Click START > RUN and then Copy&Paste the following into the command field: "%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f –r

That should produce a log, as well. Please post it for me.

Let me know if you ran into any difficulties along the way with these instructions and we'll go from there.

commented: is so helping ^^ +1

this was on notepad after the reboot.

Logfile of The Avenger Version 2.0, (c) by Swandog46
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com

Platform: Windows XP

Script file opened successfully.
Script file read successfully.

Backups directory opened successfully at C:\Avenger

Beginning to process script file:

Rootkit scan active.
No rootkits found!

File move operation "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\dd9ab5193501484cf5e6884fa1d22f9e\eventlog.dll|C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eventlog.dll" completed successfully.

Completed script processing.

Finished! Terminate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
when i went to start>run i pasted "%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f –r

on the "open" thing where i typed cmd the last time. and an error msg came up saying they cant find the file or something like that

when i went to start>run i pasted "%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f –r
on the "open" thing where i typed cmd the last time. and an error msg came up saying they cant find the file or something like that

Download a new copy and make sure it is on the Desktop and try that again:

Post me the log.

If that doesn't work, open a command prompt START > RUN > cmd and then copy and paste "%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f –r and hit ENTER. That should work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.