Hi
My small ignorant brother downloaded a file for one of his games.(dont ask me wich one it is because it is not relevant)
But this file was a hidden virus, a executable called: "X-force generator." as soon as he clicked ok. The blue error screen came up and pc resetted. Since then if i start up computer the pc resests while the loading xp-screen is on, it event resets in booting during safemode wich every extra option. Can anywhone tell me what to do. I'm afraid im perhaps facing a reinstallation of my xp, is there a way to fix this or retrieve my files.

many thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi try to do safe mode with command prompt..then at command prompt search for that paritcular file..type at c:\ directory.. dir x*.* /s /a it will search for all files in your hard drive starting with x filename.
if ever the search will find that file...then navigate to that directory..then delete the file... hope it helps...

hi try to do safe mode with command prompt..then at command prompt search for that paritcular file..type at c:\ directory.. dir x*.* /s /a it will search for all files in your hard drive starting with x filename.
if ever the search will find that file...then navigate to that directory..then delete the file... hope it helps...

I cannot even start in safe mode with command prompt. it auto-resets aswell.

You ought to try Trinity Rescue Kit.
Similar to recovery console, only with a boatload more options.

Best Luck :)
PP

can you send me full instruction? about that G-force generator?

have you try to disable automatic restart on failure? right click on my computer then click on "advance tab" then click on "Start Up and Recovery" Settings..then a window will come out under "System Failure" unchecked "Automatically Restart"... if your system will not restart anymore..then continue to do the suggestion i give you before..let us know your feedback.. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.