hi. basically my computer has been crashing for the last month. i think it has to do with a program browseit.exe because popups keep occuring and when i open up the task manager there are 5-10 browseit.exe running. i can end it but my computer starts to lag. i have ran malwarebytes anti malware, superantispyware and spybot s&d but no luck. i have rebooted my computer to and ran the 3 programs also but still it came back. if someone can help that would be nice. also my laptop crashed due to a netsky virus but i dont know how to fix it and havn't used it in about 2/3 weeks because i have my desktop but now i have neither.

Hi welcome to daniweb, there is a good chance that this is malware of some kind. Please do the following:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

Reboot the computer.

Please Run the ESET Online Scanner and attach the ScanLog with your post for assistance.

* You will need to use Internet Explorer to to complete this scan.
* You will need to temporarily Disable your current Anti-virus program.

* Be sure the option to Remove found threats is checked and the option to Scan unwanted applications is Checked.
* When you have completed that scan, a scanlog ought to have been created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please post that log for us as directed below.

Reboot the computer.

Download and run a System Scan with HiJackThis and Save the log.
Post back here with the MBA-M log, the ESET log and the HiJackThis log.
Judy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.